Electioneering has started | Page 16 | Vital Football

Electioneering has started

So our last prime minister decided that she could cut taxes at high speed with immediate abandon, when all public services were already falling apart.

And the one before her now turns up at a polling station with the small omission of ID, the one thing they were required to bring with them.

These people are put in charge of the country. That is all.

So our last prime minister decided that she could cut taxes at high speed with immediate abandon, when all public services were already falling apart.

And the one before her now turns up at a polling station with the small omission of ID, the one thing they were required to bring with them.

What happens to foreign investment if you increase taxes?

What happens to the number of people retiring if you keep increasing taxes?

Many people are choosing to retire early because it's not worth working, given how much money will be taken.

High taxation does not work.

Public services aren't falling apart due to lack of investment. Where do you think all the tax goes?? They're falling apart because so many of you don't understand mass immigration of poor people increases the demand for public services but brings in very little extra tax!

The rules don't apply to Johnson, just the little people. Incredible that he was the one who introduced this new (unnecessary voter suppression) rule.

Actually, not incredible. What I expected and warned about when he ran for Tory leader v Hunt. Shocking that such a person was put in charge of the country. That's why I was desperate for Hunt to beat him even though Hunt has more right wing policies. Tbf, Johnson's only policy is himself.

People voted for that clown thinking he was funny ffs. Not funny when he was put in charge of the country.

Rant over. :grinning:

Rwanda Bill:
Lord Anderson of Ipswich (Crossbench), "We are in the end game now"

"The benefits of the Rwanda bill remain to be seen"

"It's costs will be measured not only in money but in principles debased"

"Disregard for our international committmments"

"Avoiding statutory protections for the vulnerable"

"And the removal of judicial scrutiny over the core issue over the safety of Rwanda"

"We are concerned over the safety of Rwanda both in the present and in the future. This bill is honest about neither"

(At 6-45) "The Rwanda bill is a legal fiction that makes the law look like an ass, and those who make it, asses"
Did the bill cause migrants to flee outside the UK?

Someone once told me that BJ's "bumbling buffoon" was a bit of an act, but it appears this isn't the case. It would have been funny if he didn't return to vote
Further irony in that, apparently, the ID mandate was promulgated under BJ`s prime ministerial tenure. Or, perhaps it was just a stunt ;)

Many people are choosing to retire early because it's not worth working, given how much money will be taken.

Public services aren't falling apart due to lack of investment. Where do you think all the tax goes?? They're falling apart because so many of you don't understand mass immigration of poor people increases the demand for public services but brings in very little extra tax!
Yes, shocking that the Communists who run the world's financial systems didn't realise that Truss was right.:rolleyes:

I'm embarrassed for you '77.

Oh look, personal insults with no explanation. Surprise surprise

Oh well, obviously making points with reasons would be a struggle if you have no decent reason for the points.

I guess some think foreign companies invest more if taxation increases. Pmsl

Oh well, obviously making points with reasons would be a struggle if you have no decent reason for the points.

The explanation was the reaction of the international money markets; you know, those lefties Truss blamed.

For successful high taxation countries I give you Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland. No coincidence that they persistently score very highly in terms of quality of life according to their own citizens.

Reply to Gills58, I don’t need to add to it. Also look up the definition of personal insults.

Yes, shocking that the Communists who run the world's financial systems didn't realise that Truss was right.:rolleyes:

I'm embarrassed for you '77.
Go on, grow some balls and attempt a response, based on logic, which isn't just name-calling?

Do you actually think increasing corporation tax helps the UK?

Do you actually think increasing national insurance on middle earners helps?

Tax/IR35 destroyed the entire contractor industry.

Meanwhile we spend £8bn a year housing economic migrants....

"Public services aren't falling apart due to a lack of investment. Where do you think all the tax goes??" 🤔

Errrrrr, national debt repayment perhaps?

The explanation was the reaction of the international money markets; you know, those lefties Truss blamed.

For successful high taxation countries I give you Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland. No coincidence that they persistently score very highly in terms of quality of life according to their own citizens.
Firstly they're not successful countries in terms of achievement, only happiness indexes.

Secondly Scotland is becoming higher tax. Do you honestly think Scotland will be like those countries in 10/20 years?

I'm sure i read Scotland has already seen a smaller tax intake due to higher earners leaving for England.

Firstly they're not successful countries in terms of achievement, only happiness indexes.

Secondly Scotland is becoming higher tax. Do you honestly think Scotland will be like those countries in 10/20 years?

I'm sure i read Scotland has already seen a smaller tax intake due to higher earners leaving for England.
You realise Scotland doesn’t have autonomy?