General Football thread | Page 517 | Vital Football

General Football thread

the toughest part for a manager the first 3 months with a new squad.. so we esentially wasted the months cooper had with them and made nuno do it too, imo we'd have finished with more points under Coops. Tho i dont have a problem with Nuno, i said it was a sideways move ability wise
Results would suggest so. The football has been much better. It was a big switch to go from low block to attractive counter attacking football. We are not far off. Nuno did have to negotiate a switch in style, missing 6 at AFCON plus injuries and the run of terrible decisions. Feel we have a base to build on. Loan players returning weakness very little. A good close season and we are mid table. Need to survive. Battle down. Even if Luton lost tonight we would need 3 tomorrow. Result is everything.

Epic final day in the championship.

Promotion is more or less decided and Ipswich will be celebrating a remarkable promotion today.

Playoffs decided

But there is a four way battle to avoid the final relegation place.

Blackburn- 50 GD-16 (away at leicester)
Wednesday- 50 GD -26 (away at Sunderland)
Plymouth- 48 GD -12 (home to Hull)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Birmingham- 47 GD -16 (home to Norwich)

So Blackburn have a nightmare. Yes, Leicester are on a beach but it's their last home game, they are champions and they are extremely good. Blackburn may be relying on at least one of the teams below them losing and can reasonably hope that happens. Scary though.

Wednesday are on great form and are on the verge of a great escape. The Stadium of Light isn't easy but Sunderland have been poor this season (only 6 points ahead of Wednesday) and have nothing to play for. That is a game that is winnable and Wednesday are easily capable of getting a point. I doubt Sunderland will put up much resistance to that. I really hope Wednesday so it as they were about 17 points adrift at one point.

Plymouth have a home game against a playoff near miss team. Plymouth's form isn't great, Hull are a very good side and very tricky to play. This one could go absolutely any way and I could see Plymouth dropping.

Birmingham fans are paying the price for their owner's lunacy in appointing Rooney. They have a very tough game against a bastard of a Norwich side; however, Norwich have playoff semis next week and are highly unlikely to send a full team out against a team battling for their lives. They absolutely should do for the integrity of the league, but they probably won't. This is a potential lifeline for Birmingham. They need to win (anything else and they are down) and they need any one of the teams above them to lose. They can do it with a draw for Plymouth as well.

Epic final day in the championship.

Promotion is more or less decided and Ipswich will be celebrating a remarkable promotion today.

Playoffs decided

But there is a four way battle to avoid the final relegation place.

Blackburn- 50 GD-16 (away at leicester)
Wednesday- 50 GD -26 (away at Sunderland)
Plymouth- 48 GD -12 (home to Hull)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Birmingham- 47 GD -16 (home to Norwich)

So Blackburn have a nightmare. Yes, Leicester are on a beach but it's their last home game, they are champions and they are extremely good. Blackburn may be relying on at least one of the teams below them losing and can reasonably hope that happens. Scary though.

Wednesday are on great form and are on the verge of a great escape. The Stadium of Light isn't easy but Sunderland have been poor this season (only 6 points ahead of Wednesday) and have nothing to play for. That is a game that is winnable and Wednesday are easily capable of getting a point. I doubt Sunderland will put up much resistance to that. I really hope Wednesday so it as they were about 17 points adrift at one point.

Plymouth have a home game against a playoff near miss team. Plymouth's form isn't great, Hull are a very good side and very tricky to play. This one could go absolutely any way and I could see Plymouth dropping.

Birmingham fans are paying the price for their owner's lunacy in appointing Rooney. They have a very tough game against a bastard of a Norwich side; however, Norwich have playoff semis next week and are highly unlikely to send a full team out against a team battling for their lives. They absolutely should do for the integrity of the league, but they probably won't. This is a potential lifeline for Birmingham. They need to win (anything else and they are down) and they need any one of the teams above them to lose. They can do it with a draw for Plymouth as well.

It's about time Birmingham had a spell in League One. Horrible club with a horrible fanbase.

And a Labour run bankrupt council to boot.
I was listening to a Tory on the radio yesterday who was saying that, of all the councils going bankrupt the Birmingham one has the least culpability. It is apparently caused by some sort of historic equal pay dispute.

I look forward to you ignoring this post and continuing to post untruths as if it never existed.

I was listening to a Tory on the radio yesterday who was saying that, of all the councils going bankrupt the Birmingham one has the least culpability. It is apparently caused by some sort of historic equal pay dispute.

I look forward to you ignoring this post and continuing to post untruths as if it never existed.
It’s a Truth that Birmingham Council is led by Labour and it is bankrupt .

Seems odd you would even take a risk voting Labour in the face of such crystal clear economic mismanagement and clear disregard for employment legislation that contributed to the said bankruptcy but I guess we wouldn’t have a phrase like “ Turkeys voting for Christmas”

Carry on chap .

Seems odd you would even take a risk voting Labour in the face of such crystal clear economic mismanagement but I guess we wouldn’t have a phrase like “ Turkeys voting for Christmas”

Carry on chap .
After 14 years of being absolutely trounced by the Tories as a middle class higher earner who was born working class, who has done everything right, worked hard, earned promotions and etc but continually they punish me for it- I have no fears from Labour.

You say Labour will be worse, but for people like me the Tories shouldn't have been terrible in the first place

Seems odd you would even take a risk voting Labour in the face of such crystal clear economic mismanagement and clear disregard for employment legislation that contributed to the said bankruptcy but I guess we wouldn’t have a phrase like “ Turkeys voting for Christmas”

Carry on chap .

Toms why are you trying to derail this Fred with politics chat?

After 14 years of being absolutely trounced by the Tories as a middle class higher earner who was born working class, who has done everything right, worked hard, earned promotions and etc but continually they punish me for it- I have no fears from Labour.

You say Labour will be worse, but for people like me the Tories shouldn't have been terrible in the first place

Have to agree - this is exactly how I feel. I’ve no doubt Labour will find a way to shaft me more but my word this Tory government have been horrendous

Toms why are you trying to derail this Fred with politics chat?
I didn’t want to ignore the post as Pope suggested I would above. And then suggest that it was an untruth….dearie me.

I’ll stop now.

COYR

P. S Besides your fault for decrying Birmingham. It was too easy a target

Ipswich leading. I hope they do it. Huddersfield look totally shite so every chance.

Play offs for Leeds….. haha

Carry on chap .
You do realise you have been a TVFC for the past 14 years?

Wednesday 2-0 up at Sunderland and cruising. Good for them.

Plymouth have scored against Hull.

As it stands Birmingham going down but Blackburn also in trouble if they concede and Birmingham score.

Ipswich winning but Leeds are losing at home anyway. Disastrous run into the playoffs for them

Ipswich leading. I hope they do it. Huddersfield look totally shite so every chance.

Play offs for Leeds….. haha
Good for them, hope their fans make the best of it, because this will be as good as it gets as they'll no doubt spend the next 12 months being f****d over by Prem League. PGMOL, & VAR

Assuming we can stay up

Are the best results for us Leicester, Ipswich and Norwich/WBA for promotion?
Leicester face a points deduction, Ipswich will be next season’s more palatable Luton and then I would say West Brom as they can’t spend huge amounts.