General Football thread | Page 516 | Vital Football

General Football thread

Everton were nothing short of a fucking disgrace that 2nd half, McNeil and Gomes wouldn't have looked the part in a pub team.

Absolutely delighted with that in the end as Everton didn't win a single challenge and the ref wanted to play forever.
Absolutely. As someone mentioned earlier how we only took 2 points from 12 against these jokers is a disgrace

Here's a scenario then

Forest win tomorrow
Then get four points back on Tuesday

Means Luton are relegated. If Burnley fail to beat Newcastle then they would be relegated as well.

They will rightly think being relegated in someone else's courtroom is unfair. Legal challenges?

One more reason why I think the chances of any points back are remote, and of all four has to be nill

Here's a scenario then

Forest win tomorrow

Means Luton are relegated. If Burnley fail to beat Newcastle then they would be relegated as well.

They will rightly think being relegated in someone else's courtroom is unfair. Legal challenges?

One more reason why I think the chances of any points back are remote, and of all four has to be nill
My thoughts exactly, but they have zero recourse for any legal challenge. Our points shouldn't have been deducted, so I don't think they have a case at all

Here's a scenario then

Forest win tomorrow

The PL cannot change the ICs decision which presumably has been made. So any events that happen this weekend are irrelevant to that decision that has been made

My thoughts exactly, but they have zero recourse for any legal challenge. Our points shouldn't have been deducted, so I don't think they have a case at all
I just think if means they will be highly reluctant to do it.

But in theory it's an "independent" commission.

I think Polly's theory is an interesting one; that we are getting quite a lot of it back and the PL are "digesting" it and the consequences- of which what I've just described could be one.

It's a nice fantasy anyway

I just think if means they will be highly reluctant to do it.

But in theory it's an "independent" commission.

I think Polly's theory is an interesting one; that we are getting quite a lot of it back and the PL are "digesting" it and the consequences- of which what I've just described could be one.

It's a nice fantasy anyway
Yes. Hence, the reverse to the point you made, providing we win and Burnley dont, would make any points coming back an easier decision. Imagine they did do this after the season, or prior to Burnley??

BBC Sport​

INJURY TIME
90 mins​

Luton 1-1 Everton

Six minutes added on. Still time for Luton, who really need a goal.

Eight minutes later...

90+8 mins

Does make it look like the ref was playing until Luton scored (but for once they didn't get that last-minute goal!)

BBC Sport​

INJURY TIME​

90 mins​

Luton 1-1 Everton

Six minutes added on. Still time for Luton, who really need a goal.

Eight minutes later...

90+8 mins

Does make it look like the ref was playing until Luton scored (but for once they didn't get that last-minute goal!)
He ended the game on a Luton corner tbf.

If we do manage to stay up it would be nice to have a drama free, less antic ridden season next time around, eh?
Provided that we aren't facing another breach, then yes it would be great.

Leicester are getting a deduction, Ipswich will struggle, Everton in admin ..??

Especially when I see this:

Luton had six chances in injury time. They really went for it but couldn't find the winner.

• Blocked: Cauley Woodrow (90:50)
  • On Target: Teden Mengi (94:14)
  • On Target: Luke Berry (95:30)
  • Off Target: Teden Mengi (96:13)
  • Blocked: Luke Berry (96:15)
  • Blocked: Andros Townsend (97:31)

He ended the game on a Luton corner tbf.
Probably just as well!

(Though they did say the keeper already came up for a corner, so if they'd been allowed to take another one he might have been stranded upfield as Everton broke away for the winner, but it looks like they weren't that bothered).

Probably just as well!

(Though they did say the keeper already came up for a corner, so if they'd been allowed to take another one he might have been stranded upfield as Everton broke away for the winner, but it looks like they weren't that bothered).
Luton ended the game with real momentum. They probably sensed that Everton were finding the whole thing too hard and didn't want to play any more.

Just wondering if we are heading for a similar ending to last season. Last home game against a London team needing a win to secure premier league football

Last season we were in the drop zone but collecting points as we clawed our way out. This season we seem to be watching other teams do it.

Not to mention that even without the points deduction we would need 3 wins to match last season’s total.
the toughest part for a manager the first 3 months with a new squad.. so we esentially wasted the months cooper had with them and made nuno do it too, imo we'd have finished with more points under Coops. Tho i dont have a problem with Nuno, i said it was a sideways move ability wise