Electioneering has started | Page 18 | Vital Football

Electioneering has started

You know that load of money that ended up in the pockets of Tory chums in return for undelivered PPE and the completely failed Track and Trace system (38bn on the latter alone I believe)?
That's why I mentioned the NCA and MM..... if you understand who I'm referring to?

National Crime Agency

Economically I am centre, even possibly centre-left. I'm only right-wing socially. I cannot stand narcissistic right-winger capitalists..... but I find far-left utterly petrifying because being stupid/naive is usually more dangerous than someone being greedy.

"Public services aren't falling apart due to a lack of investment. Where do you think all the tax goes??" 🤔

Errrrrr, national debt repayment perhaps?
And what added nearly £ 500,000,000,000 to national debt ?
Lockdown and it's many costs including furlough payments while people stopped working - and Covid-recovery "loans" to businesses not repaid.

And what did Labour want ?
Lockdown sooner, longer and harsher.

The bill for that ?
£600 billion? £700 billion ? More ?

No lectures from Labour and the Abbott School of numeracy.

Lockdown and it's many costs including furlough payments while people stopped working - and Covid-recovery "loans" not repaid.

The bill for that ?

There is absolutely no doubt that a lockdown sooner would have saved lives

Lockdown and it's many costs including furlough payments while people stopped working - and Covid-recovery "loans" to businesses not repaid.

The bill for that ?

Ironic that you should mention the Abbott school of numeracy whilst wildly misquoting the cost of lockdowns.

For reference, the commons library briefing documents state between £310 and £410 billion.

The bill for that ?

And whose fault is it the lockdown loans weren't repaid? Oh yeah, that would be the Tories.

So perhaps the Govt's strategy should be "Hey, Civil Servants, can you get the taxpayers money back please?"
But that task is not a high-level strategy, which is what I just said.....

The Government steer the ship, they don't check the toilets flush.

The Government steer the ship, they don't check the toilets

The Government steer the ship, they don't check the toilets flush.
So you are seriously suggesting the Govt cannot instruct Civil Servants to undertake a specific task? You haven't spent much time in Whitehall have you.

Anyway, I'm off now, I will leave you in peace to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the JPF versus the PFJ, have fun.

So you are seriously suggesting the Govt cannot instruct Civil Servants to undertake a specific task? You haven't spent much time in Whitehall have you.

Anyway, I'm off now, I will leave you in peace to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the JPF versus the PFJ, have fun.
There's currently a civil service union taking the Government to court over Rwanda, claiming it "might make them commit a crime".

So yes, the CS aren't doing what the Government instructed!

Congratulations to all those who tried to have a sensible discussion with Gills 77 and or Tarian.
Both have been on my ignore list for some
Let me translate that:

You tried to have a sensible discussion but you didn't like being wrong, made personal attacks, had a strop and blocked?

Well, that's what most on here do.

It’s a damn shame that people won’t just believe what they’re told and then act upon it.

Imagine if they declared a country in Africa safe whilst accepting refugees from that very place.

It would make a whole mockery of the system
Agreed. We should stop accepting refugees from there.

Problem solved.

Plus very high prices.
I went to Norway last June and a small beer was equivalent to £9.
But they earn far more than us. Benefit rates are at least double ours (according to my guide when on holiday there recently).

They benefit from the Sovereign Wealth fund, having decided to use their oil money for the benefit of their nation, unlike us.

I discovered I'm not an alcoholic when there as not lrepared to spend that kind of money on (sexond rate) beer. :grinning:

Last edited: