Electioneering has started | Page 12 | Vital Football

Electioneering has started

Don't forget remainers represented about half of the vote but outnumbered those later marching to Leave by a massive amount.
That reminds me a bit of those last Euro MP elections when Jo Swinson and the LibDems were celebrating their wins with Verhofstadt, wearing their juvenile t-shirts, just choosing to ignore that the Brexit Part candidates including Ann Widdecombe actually won MORE seats.

Personally, I suspect if there was another referendum and the rejoin contingent were in the lead, it would only require the Anti EU contingent to stoke up their own "Project Fear", pushing the suspected terms that we would have to accept like adopting the Euro and no longer getting rebates, and that may well swing the pendulum again.

But surely they are only the same checking requirements that would apply if you were exporting to literally anywhere else in the world.

And no exporter has had to change their exporting method or procedure. When in the EU, they would have had to have satisfied all the thousands of EU laws, rules and directives with every export, as well as the individual requirements of the buyer/importer and now they have to do exactly the same thing, maybe with one or two extra pieces of paperwork at most.

The requirements for the checks and the time it takes are the only difference, and just aligns with the rest of world trade.
This the same old regurgitated gibberish. Every major economy has its strongest trading links with the countries geographically closest. We’ve added bureaucracy to that relationship by putting ourselves outside the trading bloc. If we’re competing with countries in the EU on trade our exporters are at a trading disadvantage because all EU countries don’t have that cost burden. It really isn’t rocket science.

The value of goods and services exports into the EU countries is higher than it’s ever been.
Simply google it.
Goods are slightly down
Services are significantly up
Whether that continues remains to be seen but since leaving the EU, it doesn’t seem to have made much of a difference trade wise.
Some small cheese maker from Cheshire hits the headlines for the periodicals who wish to run negative stories to appease their readership, but the facts are somewhat different.
Brexit was never going to be as good as some hoped and as bad as some predicted.
Personally, I don’t see many negatives.
It’s just a bit different.
Trade values have been heavily impacted by inflation. Trade volumes tell a totally different story with some of the sharpest declines in our exporting figures on record. Also our trade figures were boosted by the Ukraine situation that led to heavy trading in gas on the London market, none of which was a direct benefit to the UK.

Trade values have been heavily impacted by inflation. Trade volumes tell a totally different story with some of the sharpest declines in our exporting figures on record. Also our trade figures were boosted by the Ukraine situation that led to heavy trading in gas on the London market, none of which was a direct benefit to the UK.
Beat me to it.

Use the internet, it won't take long!

I found that in 2018 3% of the UK population was black, whilst 13% of the murder suspects in the UK were black (more than 4 times more)

Which has nothing to do with my post. It has taken you some time to use the internet.

In further news easily verifiable via the internet 81.7 % of the UK population identified as white. That leaves 18.3% for all other groups and I suspect not all of them are black.

Last edited:
It's always worth waiting until the following day after a budget when all the macros and metrics have been applied to the data.
With the bull$hit stripped out, the reality is that the vast majority of us will remain worse off.
Plenty of online budget calculators available to double check. I used the Sky News one to confirm that this budget certainly wasn't designed to woo me to suddenly vote for the Tories.

How is Michelle Donnelan (a science Minister) still in a job? Libelled a Professor accusing her of being a supporter of Hamas. £15,000 paid in an out of Court settlement.

Paid for out of the public purse!!! Shocking.

Is libelling people now a function of Government?

Coverage by the Media? Minimal.

If done by a Labour politician I'd hazard a guess it would be all over the news, even with the Budget going on.

Edit: How times have changed. Shortly before the stain that was Johnson became PM, Amber Rudd resigned on principle for making a misleading statement in Parliament. This was because she was given the wrong information by her Department. In spite of it not being her fault and she had't deliberately misled, she felt honour bound to resign.

Oh for the good old days.

Last edited:
If anyone still needs convincing about how badly this Tory shower have served us, have a look at this. First Govt since WW2 to leave us with worse living standards than when they started.

Yeah, but Jeremy Corbyn blah, blah, blah.:rolleyes:

Latest gaslighting is the claim that National Insurance should go because it is "double taxation".

No it isn't. It is one of a number of taxes.

Waiting to hear condemnation of Donnelly from the"Taxpayers Alliance". Not holding my breath.

If anyone still needs convincing about how badly this Tory shower have served us, have a look at this. First Govt since WW2 to leave us with worse living standards than when they started.

A dreadful look, but not surprising given the awful way in which HMG has mis-managed and stripped public services bare over the past 10 to 15 years.

Unlike quite a few on here who seem traditional Labour voters, i`m actually more of a floater (behave - nibbles!). However, whilst still not sure where my vote will go, I am absolutely certain it will not be for the conservatives

Gillsbluenose makes a point about the traditional "Pensioner vote", generally ticking the Tory box. That`s true, but so is his/her suggestion that the conservatives have become their own worst enemy. I genuinely believe that, notwithstanding the Triple-Lock, this government has well and truly lost a huge chunk of the pensioner vote having presided over a disgraceful, reckless shredding of values and services.

A dreadful look, but not surprising given the awful way in which HMG has mis-managed and stripped public services bare over the past 10 to 15 years.

Unlike quite a few on here who seem traditional Labour voters, i`m actually more of a floater (behave - nibbles!). However, whilst still not sure where my vote will go, I am absolutely certain it will not be for the conservatives

Gillsbluenose makes a point about the traditional "Pensioner vote", generally ticking the Tory box. That`s true, but so is his/her suggestion that the conservatives have become their own worst enemy. I genuinely believe that, notwithstanding the Triple-Lock, this government has well and truly lost a huge chunk of the pensioner vote having presided over a disgraceful, reckless shredding of values and services.

Boris Johnson being quoted as saying to let them die to stop another lockdown was an interesting choice...

Aren't they traditionally meant to be the biggest Tory voting group?

Has any previous budget been in the form of a suicide note?
What I find fascinating is the idea that you can win a general election when you’ve pissed off farmers, fishermen, civil servants, local authority workers, anyone working in the legal profession, prison officers, teachers, doctors, all other NHS workers, railway workers, anyone using railways, anyone claiming benefits, anyone relying on local authority services, small and medium size exporters, anyone running a small business, anyone who cares about the environment, more specifically anyone who is worried about global warming, anyone who cares about meeting our world obligation to refugees, house renters, frustrated would be home owners, anyone living in a building with unsafe cladding, anyone who thinks a government shouldn’t bung money to their mates, anyone who’s children would have benefitted from Erasmus, anyone derisively described as ‘woke’ (otherwise defined as caring and respectful), anyone who enjoys swimming in the sea, anyone who enjoys the arts. I’ve probably left a few out.

Latest gaslighting is the claim that National Insurance should go because it is "double taxation".

Waiting to hear condemnation of Donnelly from the"Taxpayers Alliance". Not holding my breath.
I’ve found a cheat code to cope with this shitty government.
Book holidays.
At least every three months.
It works for us.

It made my blood boil when papers like the Express campaigned on maintaining the triple lock(18% over two years) whilst slagging off unions for trying to get decent pay awards for their members. Hypocrites.

There is a brilliant podcast series about how bad/mad/sad the Jeremy Corbyn period was.

He truly was unelectable, and whilst he'd have been infinitely more competent than boris (1/10 is infinitely higher than 0/10), he would still have been an awful PM.

What I find fascinating is the idea that you can win a general election when you’ve pissed off farmers, fishermen, civil servants, local authority workers, anyone working in the legal profession, prison officers, teachers, doctors, all other NHS workers, railway workers, anyone using railways, anyone claiming benefits, anyone relying on local authority services, small and medium size exporters, anyone running a small business, anyone who cares about the environment, more specifically anyone who is worried about global warming, anyone who cares about meeting our world obligation to refugees, house renters, frustrated would be home owners, anyone living in a building with unsafe cladding, anyone who thinks a government shouldn’t bung money to their mates, anyone who’s children would have benefitted from Erasmus, anyone derisively described as ‘woke’ (otherwise defined as caring and respectful), anyone who enjoys swimming in the sea, anyone who enjoys the arts. I’ve probably left a few out.
Which begs the question how are they still polling at even 20%? Who on earth are these people?