Pre-match thread Hawks v Imps | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pre-match thread Hawks v Imps

I think that the suggestion that we may be taking the Whitehawk game lightly has little foundation. It is going to be a tough game.

I'm sure Chris and the squad won't be taking the game lightly. Getting through to the next round is worth quite a few bob, especially if we get TV coverage.

Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow... as long as we don't lose, that's my recurring mantra. It seems the players are staying at Brighton Pier tonight or near it anyway. Nice bit of comfort ahead of a massive game.

The Imposter - 7/11/2015 12:30

Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow... as long as we don't lose, that's my recurring mantra. It seems the players are staying at Brighton Pier tonight or near it anyway. Nice bit of comfort ahead of a massive game.

I don't think staying on Brighton pier itself would be all that comfortable.

Michael Foley - 7/11/2015 14:14

The Imposter - 7/11/2015 12:30

I don't think staying on Brighton pier itself would be all that comfortable.

I don't know... the wood beneath your backside, the wind howling across your body, the rain soaking your skin. Bliss.

been raining heavily in the South East all day, more forecast tomorrow so a heavy pitch may suit us better than them??

Couple of links from Whitehawk here:-

http://whitehawkfc.com/walking-bus-to-fa-cup-tie/

https://www.facebook.com/whitehawkfootballclub/
http://whitehawkfc.com/chairman-john-summers-on-latest-tv/

Scotimp - 7/11/2015 11:24

impsimps - 7/11/2015 09:53

If ever a warning was needed it was lasts nights game, Salford v The Pies, do not take the game lightly on Sunday ! I don't think the County manager knew what playing a lower league team away in the FA Cup was all about. Moyses does. UTI

Yes, we've been there before. However, Notts County were absolutely terrible last night, no commitment or passion, no organisation, no game plan. Clueless, talentless; Campbell's miss from 6 yards was unbelievable. As spineless as a Tilson performance. For their sake, I hope there are two teams in L2 worse than they are, but I wouldn't bet on it on last night's evidence.

And a mention for the BBC commentator: persisted in calling Thierry Audel, 'Ordle'. Very professional.
I got immensely tired of Jenas raving about how utterly brilliant Salford were throughout the game. Can it you sycophantic tw@t!

Michael Foley - 7/11/2015 11:55

Scotimp - 7/11/2015 11:24

impsimps - 7/11/2015 09:53

If ever a warning was needed it was lasts nights game, Salford v The Pies, do not take the game lightly on Sunday ! I don't think the County manager knew what playing a lower league team away in the FA Cup was all about. Moyses does. UTI

Yes, we've been there before. However, Notts County were absolutely terrible last night, no commitment or passion, no organisation, no game plan. Clueless, talentless; Campbell's miss from 6 yards was unbelievable. As spineless as a Tilson performance. For their sake, I hope there are two teams in L2 worse than they are, but I wouldn't bet on it on last night's evidence.

And a mention for the BBC commentator: persisted in calling Thierry Audel, 'Ordle'. Very professional.

Perhaps he was really trying to say "ordeal".

Worst thing was he said it right at one point then kept saying it wrong!

FGR through but Altrincham beating league 1 Barnsley a fantastic result for them. All to play for tomorrow. UTIs

Scotimp - 7/11/2015 03:24

For their sake, I hope there are two teams in L2 worse than they are, but I wouldn't bet on it on last night's evidence.

I hope not. I would wee myself laughing if Notts County came down...

I thought Forest Green were a fantastic bet at 4/1 today to win at Wimbledon and well done Stourbridge a great win at Dover.

Warrington Imp - 7/11/2015 17:20

I thought Forest Green were a fantastic bet at 4/1 today to win at Wimbledon and well done Stourbridge a great win at Dover.
Yep - couldn't resist a piece of that! :cheers:

I really doubt we'll be taking this game lightly. Pretty certain we'll be putting our strongest 11 out there tomorrow, whatever that may be!

Notts County did look awful last night. Audel (Ordle?) didn't cover himself with glory either! I am a bit sick of everybody fawning over Salford though, as if they deserve some special treatment. I think they have already had their slice of luck!

Thought Audel did ok last night apart from Salfords first goal ! Fed up of hearing about Salford though, as if the owners need any more free publicity for their hobby. Would not want to draw them in Round 2 though, if we get a chance to do so.

impsimps - 7/11/2015 18:47

Thought Audel did ok last night apart from Salfords first goal ! Fed up of hearing about Salford though, as if the owners need any more free publicity for their hobby. Would not want to draw them in Round 2 though, if we get a chance to do so.
We would beat them. Certainly wouldn't sit off them like they were a 70s Brazil side like Notts did!