Ups and Downs | Page 14 | Vital Football

Ups and Downs

Birmingham and Huddersfield it is. Two good away days next season, although you'd imagine both will be promotion contenders.

Birmingham and Huddersfield it is. Two good away days next season, although you'd imagine both will be promotion contenders.

Birmingham yes but Huddersfield have the look of a club in turmoil at the moment. They'll have to make a lot of changes to challenge I think

Should get plenty of tickets for Birmingham away next season in this 60,000 seater.
Hope they get it built in time. Should look great in League 1. Probably at a very affordable 1 billion plus to Birmingham aswell !!!..... Will more than likely end up ground sharing with Walsall than getting that built.
Screenshot_20240504_135727_Samsung Internet.jpg

Birmingham will try and spend their way out and are probably destined for a couple of years in the league as Derby, Ipswich etc. have shown.

Huddersfield appear in all sorts of trouble. Will be selling off and rebuilding I suspect.

Rotherham are never a big team in the league and will be play off levels again.

On the up - Wrexham need to rebuild as their squad is not league 1 ready, Mansfield can’t outspend in this league, Stockport look good if they can keep loanees.

Huge opportunity next season to go up to championship, especially if Bolton get promoted.

So, Small Heath & Kings Oak home and away next season. Nearly as glamorous as Scunthorpe & Lindsey United.

T' town early relegation favourites, but at least a return to the Head of Steam.

Huddersfield are a right mess, wouldn't be surprised if they really struggle.
Birmingham God knows but really is hilarious, so serves them 🤣
Fancy us to be in the mix.
Wigan will blow a fortune to go up and then crash again.
The shithousery is title winning from what I saw 3 weeks ago, up there with Portsmouth for sure.

Birmingham will try and spend their way out and are probably destined for a couple of years in the league as Derby, Ipswich etc. have shown.

Huddersfield appear in all sorts of trouble. Will be selling off and rebuilding I suspect.

Rotherham are never a big team in the league and will be play off levels again.

On the up - Wrexham need to rebuild as their squad is not league 1 ready, Mansfield can’t outspend in this league, Stockport look good if they can keep loanees.

Huge opportunity next season to go up to championship, especially if Bolton get promoted.
Some 'big' names in Div 1 next season but not always big sides, they are there because they are not very good !

Confirmed League 1 next season then....

1. Lincoln City
2. Blackpool
3. Stevenage
4. Wycombe
5. Leyton Orient
6. Wigan
7. Exeter
8. Northampton
9. Bristol Rovers
10. Charlton
11. Reading
12. Cambridge
13. Shrewsbury
14. Burton Albion
15 Birmingham City
16. Huddersfield Town
17. Rotherham United
18. Wrexham
19. Stockport County
20. Mansfield Town

Then it'll be one from MK Dons, Crawley, Doncaster or Crewe...

and 3 from Bolton, Peterborough, Oxford and Barnsley.

It'll certainly be competitive but from our perspective there aren't as it stands those 2 or 3 outstanding teams you'd expect to break away from the rest. 2024/25 season will be a good one in our division.

Just a reminder that next season will be our 6th in a row in the third tier.
And as an established L1 side I think it's quite right and fair that the board (and fans) can be expecting the side we put out to be a good balance of style and substance rather than simply the substance we got from MK.

With the benefit of you know, that wonderful thing - I reckon the board can justifiably say they got it right with their decision making this season, and continue to get it right consistently.