Post Brexit (n/g) | Page 64 | Vital Football

Post Brexit (n/g)

Instead, we no longer have to accept unlimited numbers of EU citizens....
(500,000,000 eligible)

....which likely would include some who successfully claimed asylum elsewhere in the EU.

LMAO, exactly how many EU nationals do you think are asylum seekers?

You're full of it as per your MO, because as you know, we didn't have to accept everyone without limit, we, and every member state, had means to remove those who had no means to support themselves.

Instead, we no longer have to accept unlimited numbers of EU citizens....
(500,000,000 eligible)

....which likely would include some who successfully claimed asylum elsewhere in the EU.
Pitiful.

You and I both know 500,000,000 people weren’t lined up on the shores of France waiting for their chance to come here. Irrespective of whether or not some had successfully claimed asylum elsewhere.

I WILL NOT GET SUCKED INTO A BREXIT ROW

The obsession of some people with the EU is quote worrying.

The EU was supposed to be a trading bloc, so something like NAFTA. Could you imagine Americans, Mexicans or Canadians protesting, with the NAFTA logo painted on their faces or waving flags?

(I'm aware of the reasons why the aforementioned are obsessed with the EU, even if they won't admit it)

Last edited:
LMAO, exactly how many EU nationals do you think are asylum seekers?

You're full of it as per your MO, because as you know, we didn't have to accept everyone without limit, we, and every member state, had means to remove those who had no means to support themselves.
You're saying we could let anyone in because we had the power to remove undesirable ones.

How about you remove the locks on your front door tonight. If anyone undesirable comes in, the police have the power to remove them.

Deal?

Last edited:
How would you appraise the part more relevant to this particular conversation:

‘We must break free of the EU and take back control of our borders’? It was a lie wasn’t it?
What was a "lie" ?

Usually countries control their borders.
Why do you go through Passport Control ?

That our government seems to forgo control over Kent's beaches is nothing to do with Brexit.

What was a "lie" ?

Usually countries control their borders.
Why do you go through Passport Control ?

That our government seems to forgo control over Kent's beaches is nothing to do with Brexit.
There's what, 200 countries in the world? 172 excluding EU + UK.

172 countries control their borders and EU supporters can't understand why we should too.

We don't control our borders effectively, lots of reasons but prominent among them the view of some Tories that it plays well politically. That's not working either so it's best to ignore the madness.

We don't control our borders effectively, lots of reasons but prominent among them the view of some Tories that it plays well politically. That's not working either so it's best to ignore the madness.

I think the grassroot Tory members (Truss voters etc) want to control them but most of the senior party politicians (PM, FM etc) are the type who make money from immigration (lower wages and higher rent).

The EU was supposed to be a trading bloc, so something like NAFTA. Could you imagine Americans, Mexicans or Canadians protesting, with the NAFTA logo painted on their faces or waving flags?

That's not quite true. One of the main motivations for integrating the European economies was to put an end to centuries of continual war, and you have to admit they did quite a good job for fifty-odd years until certain factions decided to fuck it all up again for whatever reasons or for whoever was funding them.

I really feel for those who can’t see/admit that Brexit has been a disaster for the economy, young people and the control of our borders. All of those things have been made worse by an utterly incompetent government focussed on sound bites, distraction, plain lies and blaming everyone else instead of doing their jobs properly.

It’s ok to be wrong sometimes.

That's not quite true. One of the main motivations for integrating the European economies was to put an end to centuries of continual war, and you have to admit they did quite a good job for fifty-odd years until certain factions decided to fuck it all up again for whatever reasons or for whoever was funding them.
Alderman Barnes, we, as a nation, fought two world wars against a European country. The country who benefited most from an amalgamation of free trade (common market) until their energy supplies hit the roof were..... Germany. Little wonder we didn't want them to dominate us, mind you, America has stepped in to that role.

I really feel for those who can’t see/admit that Brexit has been a disaster for the economy, young people and the control of our borders. All of those things have been made worse by an utterly incompetent government focussed on sound bites, distraction, plain lies and blaming everyone else instead of doing their jobs properly.

It’s ok to be wrong sometimes.
You are talking bollocks Pub. Ask young people in Spain who can't get a job whether they think the European Union is a good idea. The pound is not doing badly against the Euro & if you think the Schengen agreement which allows free movement throughout Europe, including migrants is a good idea, you must be mad. We (my wife & I) regularly travelled to France, but had to show our passports every time as we weren't in Schengen, but illegal immigrants in France with no passports, are allowed to sit there until they are helped off to UK, despite our idiotic government paying fortunes to have them stopped.
The Labour party has said it will abide by European rules on migration if it gets back into power, despite Europeans having second thoughts on migration.
Just sit back Pub, take a look at your deep bias & think clearly. The Labour party will leave us in the shit, as it has done so many times in the past. Remember the last lot leaving a note saying there was no money in the till?
Having said all that, I think the last Tory government have been a total disaster too! Up the Gills & fuck politics!!