Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3344 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Yes, they are trying to bait him and are succeeding. You can tell it’s his first rodeo with the British sports press. To be fair I think that’s the only reason Emery seems a dab hand at it so far. Had his fingers burnt massively before, never rises to bait (so far)

He got a bit of a rough ride when he arrived at Celtic and lots of people were made to look incredibly foolish in the end. Go look at the reaction of Alan Brazil and Ally Mccoist on talkshite and that was basically a distillation of what he got. "he's got a foreign sounding name so I'll miss pronounce it for a laugh" "he's managed in Japan so must be rubbish" etc etc.

I think that's why the coverage of him was so over the top positive when he came to spurs. Lots of media twats had looked like morons when they dismissed him at Celtic so they went the other way. I don't think he's done a bad job and I actually think he's being looked at more negatively at the moment because the media and a lot of spurs fans can't get their head over us being ahead of them.

Yes, they are trying to bait him and are succeeding. You can tell it’s his first rodeo with the British sports press. To be fair I think that’s the only reason Emery seems a dab hand at it so far. Had his fingers burnt massively before, never rises to bait (so far)
Unai even said that he made some mistakes at Arse and has learnt from the experience. He's so polite as well, my mum loves him :thumbup:

I think he's digging his own grave the way he acts in post-match interviews.

I do feel sorry for any manager having to answer those dumbass questions straight after a game "You lost 9-0, how do you feel about that?"

They should all take a leaf out of Unai's book and go out and waffle and not really say anything or criticise anyone. All they ever had on him was his accent, and he's shoved that back up their arses. The man is a genius.
haha, yes my mate always gets frustrated with Unai's interviews because he says he doesn't really tell him anything he cant already see.
Dont give them any ammunition to shoot you down with!

He got a bit of a rough ride when he arrived at Celtic and lots of people were made to look incredibly foolish in the end. Go look at the reaction of Alan Brazil and Ally Mccoist on talkshite and that was basically a distillation of what he got. "he's got a foreign sounding name so I'll miss pronounce it for a laugh" "he's managed in Japan so must be rubbish" etc etc.

I think that's why the coverage of him was so over the top positive when he came to spurs. Lots of media twats had looked like morons when they dismissed him at Celtic so they went the other way. I don't think he's done a bad job and I actually think he's being looked at more negatively at the moment because the media and a lot of spurs fans can't get their head over us being ahead of them.
Of course he was at Celtic wasn’t he, so not entirely first rodeo. Anyway, the press are horrible. I listen to TalkSPORT for a laugh sometimes but think most of them are moronic.

I actually don't hate or even dislike Ange, I think he's had a great career path if you look at where's he come from.

It's Spurs I hate and the media wankfest around his appointment.

Same here. I remember him getting stick for not having managed at a higher level but in reality if you're someone of his age from Australia what chance of that have you got.

He played before the A league was founded, wasn't a good enough player to get a move to Europe so he's coming into coaching at a time when football over there was at best semi pro.

Cant stand spurs but I do admire the drive of someone who has taken himself from Whittlesea Zebras go the Premier league via the Aussie national side, the J league and Celtic.

You rarely fool Unai twice.

Which game was it where he was absolutely fucking raging after it and they ask him the dumb "how do feel question or where did it go wrong".

Unai just switches up and says "It's amazing", that's Villa folklore right there.

Same here. I remember him getting stick for not having managed at a higher level but in reality if you're someone of his age from Australia what chance of that have you got.

He played before the A league was founded, wasn't a good enough player to get a move to Europe so he's coming into coaching at a time when football over there was at best semi pro.

Cant stand spurs but I do admire the drive of someone who has taken himself from Whittlesea Zebras go the Premier league via the Aussie national side, the J league and Celtic.
I actually like Big Ange, I was a Celtic fan in my youth like most Irish kids so I'll take a peak at whats going on up there every now and then.

He has to be respected IMO because he has taken a journey that you'd normally only ever be able to do in the Football / Championship manager games. His achievements are exceptional and half the lads he is managing will never out do what he has done.

Take Maddison the little prick, he didn't win the Prem with Leciester, he has an FA Cup to his name. He has done the square root of fuck all compared to Big Ange but you know he'll be among the first to turn.

The big hopium at Spurs is this is very similar to his Celtic tenure where he was being called clueless and naive at the end of his first season. The problem is the level of coaching and playing staff up in Scotland is terrible. And the calibre of player Celtic can bring in relative to the standard of the league as a whole is orders of magnitude larger than what he'll be able to do w/ Spurs.

It'll be interesting to see how he manages and what level of player comes in. I still think Spurs probably have a better squad than us but we have Unai. And that will continue to be the difference between us and the rest of the league.

My mate is going on a scouting trip to Sheffield tomorrow. His daughter has got him a ticket. He’s going to take an interest in some young player we’re supposed to be interested in. Can’t remember the name.

Decided to put a few quid on small heath to win tomorrow. They always seem to scrape their way out of it, so seeing as I’ve had absolutely no joy recently, thought I’d try to give their survival hopes the kiss of death.
Worst case scenario, I win a few quid
Racing certainty mate.

Decided to put a few quid on small heath to win tomorrow. They always seem to scrape their way out of it, so seeing as I’ve had absolutely no joy recently, thought I’d try to give their survival hopes the kiss of death.
Worst case scenario, I win a few quid

There’s no way I’d feel comfortable with profiting from that.