Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City

I was laying on the bed following the scores on the TV in the spare bedroom. While the missus was watching some other guff downstairs. The bedroom is only 8ft long but from the minute Freddie scored I couldn't sit still and paced up and down that 8ft stretch till the final score came on.
No nerves left and a few miles walked.
What an amazing season with much more to come I hope.

Back home after a slightly nervy but overall deserved win today. We did start quite slowly I thought and their goal from the penalty actually kicked us into gear a little. I think their penalty was just about right. Mandroiu came in from the wrong side and although he did get a little of the ball, he also got just as much of their player. One where we'd expect it to be awarded if it was ours. A few loose passes up to that point but once we got into our rhythm we started to look the side we can be. It did take a piece of brilliance from Taylor to get us back level though. He's such a difficult striker to deal with when he gets a head of steam up and his perseverance to get the second shot away was terrific.
Second half we were by far the better team and could have been ahead before Freddie's winner. I really didn't think Cheltenham were going to get back in the game but late corners are always a worry.
Just the 3 more points needed now for some season extra time.
Up the Imps

I was laying on the bed following the scores on the TV in the spare bedroom. While the missus was watching some other guff downstairs. The bedroom is only 8ft long but from the minute Freddie scored I couldn't sit still and paced up and down that 8ft stretch till the final score came on.
No nerves left and a few miles walked.
What an amazing season with much more to come I hope.
phew - I wondered where that was going.....!!

A game of two halves, two very good goals and no bookings ! A bottle of red is ready. Whatever happens next Saturday what MS and the team have achieved is incredible , must go down as one of the best achievements when so far back in January for many years. UTI.

Bizarrely in a completely random act I found myself cleaning the kitchen sink out with bleach. I have no idea what possessed me, I have never done that before in my life.

Can you do it again starting at 12:30 on Saturday please. Superstitions and all that…

Can you do it again starting at 12:30 on Saturday please. Superstitions and all that…
I may get some funny looks lugging a kitchen sink to the top of the St. Andrews Stand........but if it means we get the three points.......

If we're drawing going into injury time, I could double down and throw it at the Portsmouth goal.

Well, got home a couple of hours ago but as usual haven't looked at any reports, highlights, or this thread before giving a few thoughts:

Not a good first half as we looked nervous from the start and really looked off it.

The penalty was right in front of me and looked as obvious a penalty as you could see.

It needed something special to get us into the game and that's what Taylor provided. Even if his actual run didn't finish with a goal he then produced a nice finish with his left foot.

We tore into them after the break and deservedly made the pressure tell with a goal. After that we were the only team in it and with a bit more steadiness in front of goal (Taylor, Sorensen) could have made an easy win of it.

Man of the match for me was Taylor for changing the game for us with that one run.

I really didn't think Cheltenham were going to get back in the game
Nor me. It's interesting reading all the comments about being being nervous towards the end of the game - I would no doubt have been the same, but being there and being able to see what was going on it wasn't so bad today as Cheltenham never really caused us much trouble in the second half as we were well in control for most of it.

Nor me. It's interesting reading all the comments about being being nervous towards the end of the game - I would no doubt have been the same, but being there and being able to see what was going on it wasn't so bad today as Cheltenham never really caused us much trouble in the second half as we were well in control for most of it.
It's called the 'Hortin Effect' when you're not there. Wherever you stand on his commentary style, he can't be accused of not introducing drama when one side or the other approach their opponent's respective penalty area, and quite frankly when you only have audio it can be quite traumatic.

It's called the 'Hortin Effect' when you're not there. Wherever you stand on his commentary style, he can't be accused of not introducing drama when one side or the other approach their opponent's respective penalty area, and quite frankly when you only have audio it can be quite traumatic.
It doesn't help when it goes from a random discussion about nothing to do with the game to suddenly 'and Cheltenham are pouring over the half-way line', or 'x has given it away and Cheltenham could break here'.

This is often followed by a period of not explaining what the opponents are doing, where the ball is, or even how far from goal it is.

Imagination can be a scary thing.

It doesn't help when it goes from a random discussion about nothing to do with the game to suddenly 'and Cheltenham are pouring over the half-way line', or 'x has given it away and Cheltenham could break here'.

This is often followed by a period of not explaining what the opponents are doing, where the ball is, or even how far from goal it is.

Imagination can be a scary thing.
But there's never any doubt about what's going on with Gainsborough, Spalding, Grantham, Stamford, Lincoln United - unless he gets the score wrong - we also know we're listening to him and someone else on Radio Lincolnshire and yesterday we were continually advised, as was Joe Talyor afterwards, that the keeper and defence have to get it right all the time, the strikers just have to be right once

I went for a walk, got back at 4.55 !
I was watching on iFollow and thought about a walk in the first half because I felt Cheltenham might score again! I was shouting at the TV( Mandriou in particular) so much, I was nearly hoarse. I made myself sit and watch and was fine in the second half except I was standing up by the TV for that last corner they had- one more in defence would help I thought🤣🤣