Managerial merry go round | Page 165 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

Scunny's budget this season was £1.2m apparently due to the previous owner and being cut to round £650k next season.

Even their new budget is probably pretty sizeable for the NLN!

And now West Ham confirm Moyes will leave at the end of the season. It all seems a little grubby to me how that change of manager has played out. Could easily have just played out the last couple of games and let him walk away at the end of his contract without the obvious replacement that's been appointed before the decision to make the change has been announced. He did after all win a European trophy only last season

And now West Ham confirm Moyes will leave at the end of the season. It all seems a little grubby to me how that change of manager has played out. Could easily have just played out the last couple of games and let him walk away at the end of his contract without the obvious replacement that's been appointed before the decision to make the change has been announced. He did after all win a European trophy only last season
West Ham imo often come across as a bit deluded. They and their fans seem to think they are a big club. They're not - more of a mid to lower half PL table side, would be more my take.

In fairness they've got company with a lot of the other Johhny come lately outfits such as Chelsea, Spurs and Leeds who didn't even enter the football league until 1905, 1908 and 1920 respectively. West Ham's inaugural football league season was 1919.

If you haven't got Victorian Football League History, you ain't got history ;)

West Ham imo often come across as a bit deluded. They and their fans seem to think they are a big club. They're not - more of a mid to lower half PL table side, would be more my take.

In fairness they've got company with a lot of the other Johhny come lately outfits such as Chelsea, Spurs and Leeds who didn't even enter the football league until 1905, 1908 and 1920 respectively. West Ham's inaugural football league season was 1919.

If you haven't got Victorian Football League History, you ain't got history ;)
Spurs won the Fa Cup just after Queen Victoria died, fair point

But there was a Leeds City FC, 1904 til 1919 in the league, but hoofed out due to financial probs!
Indeed there was. I have a feeling they were a completely different entity to Utd. (unless there was a bit of the Glasgow Rangers creativity going on) but their demise was certainly directly responsible for the birth of the Leeds we know today.

Last edited: