Managerial merry go round | Page 164 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

Seriously?!?! Come on now. I get they’re in poor form but they’re 5th in the league.
A manager appointed who their fans didn't and never got them onside. Even as far back as November when we played them, they were wanting shot of him.

Collins was never liked by the fans, that will always be fatal. If you think Kennedy's interviews were tedious, this guy sets new standards.

Collins was never liked by the fans, that will always be fatal. If you think Kennedy's interviews were tedious, this guy sets new standards.

Both masters of tediousity (made up word) both in their negative football styles and their interviews.

Former Yeovil and Woking boss Darren Sarll appointed at Hartlepool.

'Pool's President Jeff Stelling not happy that Kevin Phillips's contract not renewed. Says he's gutted, summer ruined.

Not a merry go rounf, but a previous higher level manager, Phil Brown's contract extended for two years at Kidderminster

Interesting post from an Orient fan on Wellens.

"One managerial position I think to watch over the coming weeks (or months) I certainly think will be ours, it looks like Wellens is planning his escape - Which isn't a big suprise to me personally, as he's been hinting since the end of January that he's not been happy with a few things.

Since last weekend's post game interview against Fleetwood, he said Matt Harrold would take the team against Shrewsbury at the weekend as a thank you for his 7 years service to the club, before he leaves to be Bournemouths new loans manager and that he would watch from the stands. Since then it is believed that he wasn't at the game on Saturday (no sign of him after the game with the rest of the squad clapping the fans) and hasn't done any interviews since - they were all done by Matt Harrold who hinted that the managerial situation "will be resolved soon."

Also it was our end of season awards last night and Wellens wasn't there - He also pulled out of a fans forum 8 weeks ago where he was the main guest and sent Paul Terry instead, he claimed he was at Oxford watching them play Northampton who were our next opponents but a few rumours were mentiond to me that he was pushing to get the Millwall job, which Neil Harris got. I myself went to this fans forum and because Wellens didn't go, it became a complete waste of time, he sent Paul Terry instead who couldn't get out quick enough.

After we beat Carlisle 3-2 at the beginning of February, Wellens complained about our January business in the post game insterview - which the club took down, only to put it back up again.

He wanted to sign Charlie Kelman but accused those above him of dithering to get the deal done and Kelman (who we had on loan last season) signed for Wigan instead.

We signed youngsters Khayon Edwards from Arsenal and Dan Adu-Adjei from Bournemouth (both strikers) instead and Wellens said in the same interview he basically didn't want them as they were first time loans and that they don't always work in League One, he wanted an experienced striker. Adu-Adjei scored on Saturday, but overall both haven't been good enough for us in the long run, both very raw players still finding their feet in the game.

He also complained in the same interview that he was unhappy that loan centre half Ed Turns was allowed to return back to Brighton (to then be sent on loan to Crewe) and that no replacement was signed at centre half, leaving us with only 3. A week later Dan Happe does his hamstring away at Barnsley - leaving us with only Omar Beckles and Brandon Cooper for basically 2 months, both suffered dips in form and we just about managed to cope until Jack Simpson was signed and his 6 game ban was completed. Wellens mentioned a few more times that this is what happens when you don't have any cover or competition for places.

After the said interview he said in his next interview he probably went too far with his words - he basically got a slap on the wrist it seems from those above him about what he said - So this point we've reached now IMO has been coming for the last 3 months.

I will be suprised if he is still here come July when pre season starts."

Interesting post from an Orient fan on Wellens.

"One managerial position I think to watch over the coming weeks (or months) I certainly think will be ours, it looks like Wellens is planning his escape - Which isn't a big suprise to me personally, as he's been hinting since the end of January that he's not been happy with a few things.

Since last weekend's post game interview against Fleetwood, he said Matt Harrold would take the team against Shrewsbury at the weekend as a thank you for his 7 years service to the club, before he leaves to be Bournemouths new loans manager and that he would watch from the stands. Since then it is believed that he wasn't at the game on Saturday (no sign of him after the game with the rest of the squad clapping the fans) and hasn't done any interviews since - they were all done by Matt Harrold who hinted that the managerial situation "will be resolved soon."

Also it was our end of season awards last night and Wellens wasn't there - He also pulled out of a fans forum 8 weeks ago where he was the main guest and sent Paul Terry instead, he claimed he was at Oxford watching them play Northampton who were our next opponents but a few rumours were mentiond to me that he was pushing to get the Millwall job, which Neil Harris got. I myself went to this fans forum and because Wellens didn't go, it became a complete waste of time, he sent Paul Terry instead who couldn't get out quick enough.

After we beat Carlisle 3-2 at the beginning of February, Wellens complained about our January business in the post game insterview - which the club took down, only to put it back up again.

He wanted to sign Charlie Kelman but accused those above him of dithering to get the deal done and Kelman (who we had on loan last season) signed for Wigan instead.

We signed youngsters Khayon Edwards from Arsenal and Dan Adu-Adjei from Bournemouth (both strikers) instead and Wellens said in the same interview he basically didn't want them as they were first time loans and that they don't always work in League One, he wanted an experienced striker. Adu-Adjei scored on Saturday, but overall both haven't been good enough for us in the long run, both very raw players still finding their feet in the game.

He also complained in the same interview that he was unhappy that loan centre half Ed Turns was allowed to return back to Brighton (to then be sent on loan to Crewe) and that no replacement was signed at centre half, leaving us with only 3. A week later Dan Happe does his hamstring away at Barnsley - leaving us with only Omar Beckles and Brandon Cooper for basically 2 months, both suffered dips in form and we just about managed to cope until Jack Simpson was signed and his 6 game ban was completed. Wellens mentioned a few more times that this is what happens when you don't have any cover or competition for places.

After the said interview he said in his next interview he probably went too far with his words - he basically got a slap on the wrist it seems from those above him about what he said - So this point we've reached now IMO has been coming for the last 3 months.

I will be suprised if he is still here come July when pre season starts."
Interesting and sounds like he is already halfway out of the door. I'll have to revise my opinion on Orient being ones to watch for next season. He'll probably end up at a northern L1 side, I expect. Barnsley could be a possibility.

Was part of the caretaker coaching staff at rangers in 2021.
Been an u18 at Spurs since the summer of 2022.
Huge hero up there due to the work he did with Bradley Lowery and his cancer battle.
Appointing a youth team coach, never work....

Ged Brannan quits as Morecambe boss to take the assistant job at Accrington.
Expect he'll get paid on time there. Morecambe looking like a financial disaster at the moment.