Loan Watch | Page 50 | Vital Football

Loan Watch

A lot of discussion about Haks on the ex imps thread.
Should really be on here I suppose.
He has done brilliantly at Doncaster and hopefully resurrected a career that was
going nowhere fast. He should get set up with a decent contract next season now, at Doncaster or elsewhere.
But to be brutally honest despite his current form I think he would struggle to get
Into our matchday squad never mind the starting line up. Which shows how far we have come under Skubala.
So good luck to him for the rest of this season and from then on.

A lot of discussion about Haks on the ex imps thread.
Should really be on here I suppose.
He has done brilliantly at Doncaster and hopefully resurrected a career that was
going nowhere fast. He should get set up with a decent contract next season now, at Doncaster or elsewhere.
But to be brutally honest despite his current form I think he would struggle to get
Into our matchday squad never mind the starting line up. Which shows how far we have come under Skubala.
So good luck to him for the rest of this season and from then on.
Pleased for him, found his level. He was always capable of excellent moments including L1 and even Championship displays of skill. However due to other limitations he was too inconsistent and occasionally a liability..

In L2 against inferior opponents the moments of magic will be more numerous, his limitations will be less apparent and by default he will become more consistent and effective.

Pleased for him, found his level. He was always capable of excellent moments including L1 and even Championship displays of skill. However due to other limitations he was too inconsistent and occasionally a liability..

In L2 against inferior opponents the moments of magic will be more numerous, his limitations will be less apparent and by default he will become more consistent and effective.
Might be best for him then if Donny don’t get promoted

I could see one of the teams coming up from L2 to L1 or someone lower in L1 taking him on after this display.

Maybe he has found is Appleton / Grant moment with McCann 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think we saw enough of Haks to realise that it just wasn't a good fit here (definitely club wise, maybe even the level as well).

He's playing in the league below, under a manager he knows and is out of contract in the summer so I suspect he's in a purple patch more than anything.

Falkirk's record beating season has not quite finished but:-
Last week, the Scottish Professional Footballers Association announced their League One Team of the Year, as voted for by the players of League One clubs.
Out of the 11 available positions, 10 Falkirk players were voted in!

Although he has made 25 appearances so far, Sam Long was NOT included whereas Nicky Hogarth with19 was chosen!

Falkirk's record beating season has not quite finished but:-
Last week, the Scottish Professional Footballers Association announced their League One Team of the Year, as voted for by the players of League One clubs.
Out of the 11 available positions, 10 Falkirk players were voted in!

Although he has made 25 appearances so far, Sam Long was NOT included whereas Nicky Hogarth with19 was chosen!

In line with the fans of Falkirk's view of Sam then!

I think we saw enough of Haks to realise that it just wasn't a good fit here (definitely club wise, maybe even the level as well).

He's playing in the league below, under a manager he knows and is out of contract in the summer so I suspect he's in a purple patch more than anything.
Not at all sure Haks can’t be successful at a higher level if Donnie get promoted.

Haks needs a playing system built around his ability and a manager who believes in him.

Appleton never played with conventional wingers, which is why Anderson was let go. He preferred wide players who could cut inside all the time and play more centrally.

Kennedy didn’t really want any forwards at all. Lol.

Even Skoobs doesn’t play with wingers. He prefers attacking wing backs.

So, as others have said, Haks was a bit unfortunate here. But there is not a lot of difference between the two divisions and Haks could always do things other players can’t. In the right system and with the right manager he will do well in our division. If Donnie get there of course.

Not at all sure Haks can’t be successful at a higher level if Donnie get promoted.

Haks needs a playing system built around his ability and a manager who believes in him.

Appleton never played with conventional wingers, which is why Anderson was let go. He preferred wide players who could cut inside all the time and play more centrally.

Kennedy didn’t really want any forwards at all. Lol.

Even Skoobs doesn’t play with wingers. He prefers attacking wing backs.

So, as others have said, Haks was a bit unfortunate here. But there is not a lot of difference between the two divisions and Haks could always do things other players can’t. In the right system and with the right manager he will do well in our division. If Donnie get there of course.
Fair points. I'm not sure MS necessarily prefers wing backs, I think he's decided that's the best way with this squad (and that might follow into next season if he thinks that's the way to go rather than his apparent preferred four at the back).

Fair points. I'm not sure MS necessarily prefers wing backs, I think he's decided that's the best way with this squad (and that might follow into next season if he thinks that's the way to go rather than his apparent preferred four at the back).
Well it seems to be working

Has skubala said in the media what his preferred formation is?
He has no track record as a manager with any previous formation.
Was skubala allowed to coach his preferred formation at Leeds or was the formation he inherited and then coached with Leeds juniors dictated by Leeds as a club.

Side issue then on the lcfc juniors… for me this raises the question, what formation does our academy play? For our potential future first teamers? Is it 3-4-3 (a legacy of Kennedy); 3-5-2 (skubala current); some formation skubala is planning for the future first team; the academy coach’s preferred formation; or a formation dictated by the club over and above the preferences of the head coach/academy coach (possibly by jez).

Or is it every different formation known, to cover their development as players in general.

Wins for all three loanees in Ireland on Friday with Drogs beating Sligo 3-1 and Dundalk beating Bohemians 2-0. Both teams prop up the table still though.

Adelakun into the play-offs with Doncaster playing Crewe away in the 1st leg on Monday 6th May (1730).