iFollow | Page 3 | Vital Football

iFollow

I got this message but coincided with the fact that after the Wigan match I cancelled the monthly PayPal approval as I thought it would bring us better luck! So far so good! Is Saturday available for £10?

I have also received the message that my membership is due to be cancelled. As an overseas subscriber I was expecting my membership to automatically renew as in previous seasons. Perhaps this is a method of clearing the decks before the new season arrangements for iFollow are implemented.

I have received a reply from an email I sent to iFollow and have been informed that information regarding subscriptions for the 2024-25 season will be sent out in due course.

Last edited:
So, if they can show every game in the opening and closing weekends, why can't they do it every week?

Actually I notice there a live L2 match tba at 3pm Sat so I guess opening / closing weekends aren’t covered by the Sat 3pm rule.

An article in one of papers says 3pm Saturday games will be shown.
Sky plus for the extra games, at no extra cost according to the advert, we'll see I guess

An article in one of papers says 3pm Saturday games will be shown.
Sky plus for the extra games, at no extra cost according to the advert, we'll see I guess
That’s the first weekend before the PL starts, won’t be a regular thing.

Getting a bit nervous about this. If I can’t watch the Imps on a Saturday morning that’s going to be a problem.

Getting a bit nervous about this. If I can’t watch the Imps on a Saturday morning that’s going to be a problem.

As far as I know, iFollow will continue for overseas subscribers. However I haven't seen it officially confirmed as yet. I guess we will have to wait for the 2024-25 subscription email from iFollow.

One point for UK residents who currently have the full Sky Sports package. If you have a Sky Q box, you will be able to receive the full choice of games as the new SkySports+ channel will be a free add on.

However if you have the older Sky+HD box, it is still undecided whether that older box will receive the full SkySports+ streams. If it is only connected to your satellite dish and not to the internet, then it definitely will not.

If you have the older Sky+ box (like me), you may have to watch SkySports+ on your ipad, laptop or PC instead of through your Sky box. Whether you will then be able to cast or connect that stream to your large screen TV (as I did when the UK games have been available for £10) is again still unknown, as Sky have blocked that facility for many years.

So much is still unknown. As LA says, it is a worry for people like me who can't get to actual games.

However if you have the older Sky+HD box, it is still undecided whether that older box will receive the full SkySports+ streams.
Having recently had a letter from Sky advising me of a free upgrade from Sky+HD to Sky Q I've just been researching whether to bother or not, and as far as I can make out you DO need to have a Sky Q box to get Sky Sports+.

That may not be definite though.

The more that is revealed about this Sky deal the more it pisses me off tbh!

I know I am in the minority because I don't subscribe to Sky and I know things change and move on but for me this whole deal is ripping the heart out of what little tradition we have left in the game.

I prefer to watch my team live in the stadium but now we are going to be treated like second class citizens all in the name of cash from the all dominating Sky.

What clubs have failed to appreciate is that for many fans going to football is more than just the game it's the social aspect meeting your mates etc.

Now we are going to be faced with a potential 9 different kick-off time across 5 days from Thursday evening until Monday evening.

All the things we do before matches home and away is going up in cloud of smoke for most matches.

I bloody hate Sky and I think attendances will gradually drop accordingly over time.

The more that is revealed about this Sky deal the more it pisses me off tbh!

I know I am in the minority because I don't subscribe to Sky and I know things change and move on but for me this whole deal is ripping the heart out of what little tradition we have left in the game.

I prefer to watch my team live in the stadium but now we are going to be treated like second class citizens all in the name of cash from the all dominating Sky.

What clubs have failed to appreciate is that for many fans going to football is more than just the game it's the social aspect meeting your mates etc.

Now we are going to be faced with a potential 9 different kick-off time across 5 days from Thursday evening until Monday evening.

All the things we do before matches home and away is going up in cloud of smoke for most matches.

I bloody hate Sky and I think attendances will gradually drop accordingly over time.

I don't and never will have Sky, but having done a little bit of thinking about the new deal, I'm not sure there will be too many changes from the 3pm Saturday unless we are flying at the top of the league.

Their publicity states that each EFL team will be shown a minimum of 20 times on this new platform. That number looks like it includes Caribou cup games and EFL Trophy matches. So already that's at least 4 games out of the 20.

Opening and final games of the season will also be 2 of the games. I accept that the final match will be shifted to probably a 12:30 again, but that'd happen anyway.

Last season we had 6 scheduled matches in midweek when the fixtures were announced back in June. They'll be included in that minimum 20

Then there's the 3 games over Christmas plus 2 over Easter. Then you've got the International break weekends which last season totalled 4.

So in essence we already have 19 out of the 20 guaranteed matches being shown as per their promise on dates or kick off times which would have been the same last season as the coming one.

So like I say unless we are flying at the top of the league in order for Sky to meet their guarantee of 20 games per club, we would be looking at 1 game time/date change.

Like I said I don't have Sky but could access Now TV if I wanted to on a game by game basis, but I don't think this is as horrendous as some seem to think.

Time will tell of course and feel free to remind me of this post if we are turning up for the 8am kick off at home to Huddersfield on bleak Sunday morning in November.

I don't and never will have Sky, but having done a little bit of thinking about the new deal, I'm not sure there will be too many changes from the 3pm Saturday unless we are flying at the top of the league.

Their publicity states that each EFL team will be shown a minimum of 20 times on this new platform. That number looks like it includes Caribou cup games and EFL Trophy matches. So already that's at least 4 games out of the 20.

Opening and final games of the season will also be 2 of the games. I accept that the final match will be shifted to probably a 12:30 again, but that'd happen anyway.

Last season we had 6 scheduled matches in midweek when the fixtures were announced back in June. They'll be included in that minimum 20

Then there's the 3 games over Christmas plus 2 over Easter. Then you've got the International break weekends which last season totalled 4.

So in essence we already have 19 out of the 20 guaranteed matches being shown as per their promise on dates or kick off times which would have been the same last season as the coming one.

So like I say unless we are flying at the top of the league in order for Sky to meet their guarantee of 20 games per club, we would be looking at 1 game time/date change.

Like I said I don't have Sky but could access Now TV if I wanted to on a game by game basis, but I don't think this is as horrendous as some seem to think.

Time will tell of course and feel free to remind me of this post if we are turning up for the 8am kick off at home to Huddersfield on bleak Sunday morning in November.
I did say that in the beginning tbf
Lots of people are going to be inconvenienced by the new deal.
It's the main I won't buy a season ticket (or whatever they call it now) as we'll be lucky to have one Saturday 3pm home a month I reckon.
Sunday games wouldn't be so bad but they're aren't anywhere near as many buses on Sundays and they finish earlier too , which is fair enough.

I'm not convinced we're getting that much more financially either. The majority of the 'uptake' is going to the Championship clubs, and the whole thing smacked to me of the Championship clubs not being able to make in roads to the PL stranglehold so went bullying L1/L2 clubs to pick up some more scraps off the carcass.

L1/L2 were left with a few more bits of sinew and gristle to chew on.