Forest vs PGMOL | Page 27 | Vital Football

Forest vs PGMOL

Former Premier League referee Mark Clattenburg has left his role as referee analyst for Nottingham Forest.

Clattenburg only took up the role three months ago but has cited his work as being "more of a hinderance than help" among the reasons for leaving.

A statement from Clattenburg via Nottingham Forest reads: "This is to announce that I will no longer be providing match analysis services to NFFC.

"Since February this year, I have been proud to have done so under a consultancy agreement between NFFC and Referee Consultant Ltd.

"I performed my services under the consultancy agreement in good faith, to the best of my abilities and in the hope of using my extensive experience as a match official to help NFFC understand how decisions in relation to key match incidents are made amid the workings of VAR.

"However, it is now clear that the existence and performance of these consultancy services has caused unintended friction between NFFC and other participants, to the extent that it has become more of a hinderance than help to NFFC. It has also led to the unmerited targeting of me, personally, by certain participants and pundits.

"Such reactions and outcome was not expected and is regrettable, as it is my sincere belief that there is a place for and value in such a role in the modern game.

"I am grateful to NFFC and wish them all the best during the remainder of the season and in the future. It’s been an honour."
I don’t think it helped that Sky and Neville in particular set the narrative on his role being ‘pointless’ despite the fact that big clubs on the continent do it all the while.

I don’t think it helped that Sky and Neville in particular set the narrative on his role being ‘pointless’ despite the fact that big clubs on the continent do it all the while.
Which clubs have a ref consultant like Clattenburg was?

Time someone took Neville & Co down a few pegs, setting themselves up as the arbiters of what happens in football, be good if EM was that man to drag him through the courts for the things he said about the club

Taylor and Atwell completely balls up their job in the match Vs Everton. As a result they've continued in their jobs, been called up to the Euros and ref'd in a Champions League semi-final.

Meanwhile, Forest are understandably unhappy with the glaring errors made by these supposedly competent and professional referees, and get charged for saying so.

It really is a sorry state of affairs, isn't it.

"Despite the critical post on social media, BBC Sport has been told that Forest did not ask for Attwell to be replaced prior to the match."

Interesting comment on BBC article.
Thought that was going to be our defence.

Taylor and Atwell completely balls up their job in the match Vs Everton. As a result they've continued in their jobs, been called up to the Euros and ref'd in a Champions League semi-final.

Meanwhile, Forest are understandably unhappy with the glaring errors made by these supposedly competent and professional referees, and get charged for saying so.

It really is a sorry state of affairs, isn't it.
Whatever the charges, don't pay, don't adhere to a touchline ban, just dont comply. If we get our points back, then maybe. If no points back, just dont adhere to it. Fuck them

Alleging corruption or lack of integrity is a dangerous game. You have to be able to justify it with proper evidence. Atwell being a Luton fan is not enough.

Alleging corruption or lack of integrity is a dangerous game. You have to be able to justify it with proper evidence. Atwell being a Luton fan is not enough.
Slap of the wrist then. PL have to justify a total lack of punishment for all the hideous decisions which have gone against and call it quid pro quo and have a reset

Forest did not allege corruption, they just stated that Atwell is a Luton fan - which is a true statement.
What did Nuno say? - he just made a comment that the decisions were wrong - which at least one is and a statement that in other countries there would be calls of corruption which effectively means that in this country that is not the case. He has no case to answer.
I think Neco went on a bit of a rant about loads of poor decisions continually going against us - which is factually correct

Neco and Nuno have until 9th May to respond. If PL takes as long over this charge as they have done over appeal process then we won’t hear anything till after season has finished. May be Xmas.