Forest vs PGMOL | Page 26 | Vital Football

Forest vs PGMOL

I remember that Sky were adamant that the Isak penalty was absolutely a penalty, the whole "it's contact in the box, you can't do that".

For a chunk of this season then mantra has been "contact in the box= penalty"
That's what Michael Owen should be asking and having lined up as an example to challenge the explanation. Of course, that would if it was impartial.

Welll done southern red. The non sky pundits all seem to think it is a farce. More fans need to ask difficult questions.
That's the thing though Polly isn't it no one is allowed to ask any questions let alone difficult ones. Put any reasonably rational fan in MIchael Owens position on that show, & they would ask Webb questions, but Owen is clearly under orders to just say yes sir, no sir 3 bags full sir & where Webb is concerned those 3 bags are full of Bull shit.
I would like to ask him to start with why he couldn't bring himself to use the words "we got it wrong" instead of waffling around it saying we would have preferred him (Atwell) to refer it no Howard they just got it wrong.

Degree of normal contact? Like zero degree. Tussling for the ball? Clear foul, dangerous play, taken from behind. Clear penalty and red as last defender. What are these people on. Not fit for purpose.

Trying to cover up for your mates is not a good strategy. Better to discuss how VAR sees it differently and options. Oliver made a mistake at weekend, missed Rice kick on Davis. VAR asked him to review possible penalty. Correct decision is outcome. VAR should of intervened on all three. Attwell hung Taylor out to dry. Incompetence

Whilst all the focus has been on VAR and Attwell, don’t forget the on field referee Antony Taylor missed all three fouls.
It’s not the first time either that he has denied Forest what appear to be reasonable shouts for penalties. He isn’t quite so shy in giving them against us.

Nobody seems to have questioned why one of the ‘leading’ referees in Europe could have made three such errors, incompetence or something more sinister?

Mourinio was right about him.

Last edited:
Former Premier League referee Mark Clattenburg has left his role as referee analyst for Nottingham Forest.

Clattenburg only took up the role three months ago but has cited his work as being "more of a hinderance than help" among the reasons for leaving.

A statement from Clattenburg via Nottingham Forest reads: "This is to announce that I will no longer be providing match analysis services to NFFC.

"Since February this year, I have been proud to have done so under a consultancy agreement between NFFC and Referee Consultant Ltd.

"I performed my services under the consultancy agreement in good faith, to the best of my abilities and in the hope of using my extensive experience as a match official to help NFFC understand how decisions in relation to key match incidents are made amid the workings of VAR.

"However, it is now clear that the existence and performance of these consultancy services has caused unintended friction between NFFC and other participants, to the extent that it has become more of a hinderance than help to NFFC. It has also led to the unmerited targeting of me, personally, by certain participants and pundits.

"Such reactions and outcome was not expected and is regrettable, as it is my sincere belief that there is a place for and value in such a role in the modern game.

"I am grateful to NFFC and wish them all the best during the remainder of the season and in the future. It’s been an honour."