Electioneering has started | Page 2 | Vital Football

Electioneering has started

So, if you were in London and needed to get to Manchester, but the trains were fucked, and you had two options, get a train to Sheffield and work out how to get to Manchester from there - or take a train the wrong way down to Brighton, you're choice would be to get on a train to Brighton??
I thought I’d copyrighted that analogy ! But you’re not wrong.

I thought I’d copyrighted that analogy ! But you’re not wrong.
I think if it was meant to be an analogy it must be too clever for me.

If both main parties were trains, with their level of competence I think they would miss Brighton and derail in to the sea. 😱

There needs to be checks and balances to avoid favouritism towards fat cats and concentration on improving things for the whole populace like the public services that are falling apart.

Last edited:
They must think we're mugs. Everyone sees through it. And speaking as a reasonably affluent business owner, why anyone would ever consider voting Tory beats me. Unprecedented national debt, crumbling schools, NHS on its knees, vanishing local services, sewage in our sea and rivers, shambolic train system, tens of billions lost to corruption during Covid, that Truss budget. They've palpably made things worse over the past 14 years - and then lie about it.
Think i`ll print this off, just in case I forget should anyone with a blue rosette (flippin `ell, we footy fans used to wear those !) come knocking at my door. Cheers Eager.

So, if you were in London and needed to get to Manchester, but the trains were fucked, and you had two options, get a train to Sheffield and work out how to get to Manchester from there - or take a train the wrong way down to Brighton, you're choice would be to get on a train to Brighton??
But, travelling from Brighton to Southampton then up to Birmingham, then hiking up the A6 would still be quicker than waiting for a train in or out of Manchester, especially if any part of the journey was via Avanti West Coast.

Can’t say I’m inspired by any of them
Fuck em all 😆

Fuck 'em all indeed but don't let them put you off politics. Organise in your local community and take direct action to improve your own life and that of your neighbours. Inspire others who, like ourselves, are most uninspired by politicians.

I will vote for anyone who has a real chance of beating the Tories in my seat .It appears that will probably be Labour with just a glimpse of the Green party but they will need a great campaign.
In this area Tories got around 60%+of the vote so even with the current swing it is going to be tough. I do wonder if unofficial deals might be done locally?

Slogan for Labour to use - "We can't be worse" or "Stop the Shitshow"

Anyone voting for more Tory infighting and leadership elections really must be on something.

It doesn't matter what your politics surely no one believes that the current fragmented Tory party deserves any more years in power. They need to split, reform and decide who they are.

Slogan for Labour to use - "We can't be worse" or "Stop the Shitshow"

Anyone voting for more Tory infighting and leadership elections really must be on something.

It doesn't matter what your politics surely no one believes that the current fragmented Tory party deserves any more years in power. They need to split, reform and decide who they are.
Totally agree there has to be Tories out there who want a change in government.I suprise victory would probably bring support within the party for Rishi Sunak so that would bring a period of stability.But there would be plotters and given the best they can hope for is a tiny majority the whole cycle would start again very quickly if they did what currently looks impossible.

My concern is that we’re going to have a Labour landslide.

The huge Tory majority has given them authority to do pretty much anything that they want, including introduction of restrictions on peaceful protest, budgets that crash the economy, and handing out lucrative contracts to their buddies.

Whilst I trust the Labour won’t be as bad, a huge majority is not good for democracy.

The huge Tory majority has given them authority to do pretty much anything that they want, including introduction of restrictions on peaceful protest, budgets that crash the economy, and handing out lucrative contracts to their buddies.

Whilst I trust the Labour won’t be as bad, a huge majority is not good for democracy.
I doubt it will be a landslide for Labour as such. Having lived in Kent and now Suffolk, I have spanned two places where they would elect a hat stand if it had a blue rosette.

Even assuming all the northern red wall seats that voted for Johnson just to get Brexit done return to voting Labour, I don't think Starmer inspires enough people to convert allegiances in enough marginal seats.

Which is why we need a form of PR a extra MP per county with slightly bigger constituencies would bring a better balance and help to make more votes count.

We’ll have the chance to rescind much of the crap Tory legislation.
I bet we don’t.
Blair had 13 years to do it and didn’t.