Ange may have lost the dressing room... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ange may have lost the dressing room...

I agree with every word Geoff. However, the ball is his court. (maybe he needs to switch to tennis?). We saw how an experienced manager Graham Potter buckled under the pressure of adverse comment and Ange is definitely showing some discomfort. Hopefully the hierarchy are doing everything to reassure him, so he can ride out the storm. I hope I'm wrong but with summer tours and Euros to contend with, attitude changing will be hard to achieve before the start of next season.
To be honest, LT, I think in hindsight the worst thing that has happened for Ange is winning the first three Manager of the month awards.

I suspect you wish will come true, but he has to show he can be decisive - drop Son, drop Emerson, play Dragu start one or two kids (Sours fans will forgive anything if he does that)...

It's in his hands which way the sentiment and the venting goes now.
Exactly.

He has plenty of options. It always wrecks my head when managers complain/insinuate about players not playing for them. Drop them and gets the kids in then.

As you say the frustration of fans instantly goes away when we see our youngsters a) given an opportunity and b) playing their heart out for the shirt.

Losses against Fulham, Newcastle, Arsenal and Chelsea would have had a very different feel about them if the likes Dorrington, Hall, Moore, Donley, Santiago or Lankshear were playing.

The whole narrative changes.

I have always been in the be patient camp .

I’m looking to the end of next season before I start to judge .
I think , and of course what I think is completely irrelevant, we owe the system that the club has invested into , to run a decent course and develop .
A lot has been said on what went on a few miles down the road , a few years ago. Compare that to what we were doing in the same period of time , trying to buy instant success .,

If , what is being said is true , that players and staff are unhappy , or becoming unhappy , I think the problem could be a lack of coaching .

We have a manager who doesn’t have a strong assistant to stand up to him .
It’s could almost be a a Dictatorship that we have .
I don’t see anyone that is saying where we have to change , from within the club .

The coaching could also be feeding discontent in regards to the number of serious injuries sustained in training . That to me is more of a worry than anything .

I thought it weird , when he joined us , that he didn’t have a trusted team around him , and seemed to appoint the back room staff in days , with coaches not many of us had ever heard of .

It’s been said that Ryan Mason is the attacking set piece coach .

It’s also been said that other teams have “ worked us out “ …. If a system is that good , it will be almost impossible to work out and negate . Slow down maybe , not not stop .

We have a way to go .
Failing to qualify for Europe in any form for next system will be interesting, for a lot of reasons , and no sound bites will make that any easier . Mate .

Exactly.

He has plenty of options. It always wrecks my head when managers complain/insinuate about players not playing for them. Drop them and gets the kids in then.

As you say the frustration of fans instantly goes away when we see our youngsters a) given an opportunity and b) playing their heart out for the shirt.

Losses against Fulham, Newcastle, Arsenal and Chelsea would have had a very different feel about them if the likes Dorrington, Hall, Moore, Donley, Santiago or Lankshear were playing.

The whole narrative changes.
Fair points Sheri mate but then would he not have been slated for playing kids in these important games,you know what Spurs fans are like. It's a lose/lose situation imo.

Fair points Sheri mate but then would he not have been slated for playing kids in these important games,you know what Spurs fans are like. It's a lose/lose situation imo.
Sherri's right. Thing is we can't blood them in a NLD or in a game at Chelsea, There have been plenty of other opportunities to freshen up the squad. Don't forget Vin, the 5 sub rule still exists. It would be foolish then not to take advantage of it.

Fair enough Vinnie.

That too is true but at least he could come out afterwards and say

“look, some of my senior guys can’t do what I’m asking of them, so I’d rather give the young lads who we have great faith in an opportunity to see what they can do in the 1st team, let’s see if some of them are ready for next season”

Judging from yesterday's press conference, looks like Ange has got over a potential "hallelujah" moment.
I guess we won't know for sure if he, at least, will allow a marking system at set pieces. Surely he can see other teams are laughing at our ineptitude defending them?
Why can't solid, basic defending, when the situation demands, be part of Ange Ball?

Judging from yesterday's press conference, looks like Ange has got over a potential "hallelujah" moment.
I guess we won't know for sure if he, at least, will allow a marking system at set pieces. Surely he can see other teams are laughing at our ineptitude defending them?
Why can't solid, basic defending, when the situation demands, be part of Ange Ball?
Welcome sir.

agreed 100%

It can & i presume it will do so.

Welcome

I couldn't watch the NLD but did listen to it in the car. They were saying that our corner setup had already changed. We'd apparently put a minder around Venom and had 2 more marking than normal. I'm hoping what is happening is that Ange won't show weakness publicly, but behind the scenes is making the right adjustments. As fans we should acknowledge that they may not work first time around.

Welcome

I couldn't watch the NLD but did listen to it in the car. They were saying that our corner setup had already changed. We'd apparently put a minder around Venom and had 2 more marking than normal. I'm hoping what is happening is that Ange won't show weakness publicly, but behind the scenes is making the right adjustments. As fans we should acknowledge that they may not work first time around.
That's a fair assumption on your part. It could take a while for things to click into place.

Tactically wise yes.

They are top without deciding all out attack isn't the way to do it.
A better comparison would be with Villa. Now that is a tad more realistic & they had European footie this season as well. To finish above us is a failure on our part to do the basics. If we hadn't lost the plot we'd be fighting it out for a top 4 spot.

Just seen Keown on TS comment about the sitch and made complete sense to me.
As much as I hate to admit it.