Well done Conor Masterson | Vital Football

Well done Conor Masterson

I don’t think he’s a massive loss. Cost us the game against Wimbledon and completely fkd up against Harrogate. Don’t get me wrong he’s decent and fine if he stays but I wouldn’t be heartbroken to see him go. Ogie and Ehmer are decent CBs and I’d love to sign a really commanding centre back that can give everyone shit and try and get our leaderless bunch in shape.

Jeffries refused to sign a contract months ago, so sure he’ll be off.

Although he is definitely one of our better players, I don't see leadership qualities and QPR didn't give him many chances so it would be surprising if Millwall did. Harris may sign him as a squad player, though.

He impressed us when he joined but has he improved that much? Has Jefferies since arriving from Brentford B Team?

I think it is more likely that he will end up in League One. Possibly the same for Jefferies but it is not so long ago that he was playing for us when we were bottom of the league. I am not sure who is showing interest in him.

Jefferies long injury lay off may mean he's fallen off clubs immediate radar.

Masterson has lots of raw talent, good size, can play the ball a bit (not a hoofer) and scores. He'll get offers I suspect and with coaching will only improve

There a lot to be said for "better the devil you know".

Replacing Masterson with a same or better quality player would involve a fee for £250k or more.
Maybe of his age but, for instance, Sean Raggett has had spells out of the team for Portsmouth this season and, with them securing promotion, is it possible he will just be released in the summer?

With his local connections and leadership qualities, he could even be an upgrade although obviously not as long term as Masterson.

According to Football Manager, who is normally well researched on these things, his contract runs out next season.

It was my impression his contract only ran until this summer. Would be a shame but almost certainly will lose him for free if that's the case. He's a very solid L2 CB who could step up a league.