The Kent Derby | Vital Football

The Kent Derby

I've never heard of a Dagenham & Redbridge game being associated with Essex, yet their postcode is Essex. Same thing exactly.

Bromley has not been in Kent since the mid 60s
Bromley residents are often quite assertive about their postal address being Kent.

It isn't their fault that politicians / bureaucrats, in 1965 enlarged the then London County Council.
There has never been much enthusiasm for being in Greater London.
Many of the ULEZ cameras have been disabled.

Another "Brexit'" might get a lot of support !

Bromley residents are often quite assertive about their postal address being Kent.

It isn't their fault that politicians / bureaucrats, in 1965 enlarged the then London County Council.
There has never been much enthusiasm for being in Greater London.
Many of the ULEZ cameras have been disabled.

Another "Brexit'" might get a lot of support !
Honestly wouldn't be surprised given they rejected Khan by something like a 2 to 1 margin.

Bromley ist ein part off Kent.
Remember it always; mention it never.
Our day will come.

Etc etc

It's a fab away game that for most Gills 'locals' is less than an hour away.
The sort of game we could easily sell thousands of tickets for.
We'll be lucky to get a a few hundred.
When they visit us we could accomodate most of their average home attendance.

My official postal address ends with KENT. So have the post office got this wrong all these years? How come I consistently get mail delivered to me successfully? Perhaps they should sack some more sub postmasters for getting my address wrong. :rolleyes:

When Kent CCC play at Beckenham, is it an away game?

My official postal address ends with KENT. So have the post office got this wrong all these years? How come I consistently get mail delivered to me successfully? Perhaps they should sack some more sub postmasters for getting my address wrong. :rolleyes:

When Kent CCC play at Beckenham, is it an away game?
I agree with you 100% G58, but now probably isn’t the best time to use Post Office as your point of reference!

Always be Kent to me,lived in Sidcup many moons ago,and remember Post Office sending circular round telling us not to put Kent on letters,made no difference whatsoever everyone used Kent,

One of the more bizarre arguments throughout the history of this board

Whether it's London or Kent its a local game, it'll be our Boxing day and Easter game and most of us won't get a ticket for the away game.

Maybe the Bromley fans are debating whether Gillingham is in Kent given our unitary authority ;-) suspect their just celebrating promotion and good luck to them.

Yep, it`s become quite amusing ;)

Obvs, when the Gills play at Bromley the game will be policed (inside if necessary, outside, definitely) by, mmmm ... Kent Police - er, No. It will be London`s Metropolitan Police, why, I wonder.

Perhaps those who live in Bromley and other parts of Greater London, but are convinced they live in Kent should give up their travel passes - and anyone over 60 should start paying full fare on the TFL route ;)

Manchester used to be in Lancashire but is not anymore and hasn`t been for ages - F*** knows why Lancs played Kent there yesterday ;)