team v brum | Page 13 | Vital Football

team v brum

Yeah, if we win against Leeds 1-0 I bet you DW will go ultra defensive again and his plan will go to shit after 10 minutes and he'll just do nothing....but he'll get sacked then... yippee

During his last tie in playoffs DW went defensive in all three games and his Huddersfield side scored no goals (apart from getting an own goal). In the three games they had six shots on target

I think that's what we might be in for.

Which really is totally stupid as you need goals to win or are penalties his preferred option to getting a result - either way Ive had enough of him
Same here.

I think we are going to need at least 3 goal lead from carrow rd and even then with the negative tactics he'll set out at elland road it might not be enough

I just read DW's former Huddersfield player, Hudson, talking about DW and how he prepares for the game. It all sounds excellent, apart from the part where he says that DW and his coaching side plan out all the subs they will make before a game and stick to that plan.

So there will be players on the bench who know no matter what, they will not get on as they will be the ones told beforehand - so there isn't much motivation for them, and also the players who will be coming off must be pissed - imagine you have a brilliant game. Your teammate is having a stinker and is on a yellow card. It looks like he could get sent off any minute, but you know DW plans for you to come off, and DW will not change his mind.

It sounds like DW hasn't got a plan B and is also very stubborn because he will not change things to help turn a game around.

If I have read what Hudson has said correctly, then blow me down, that isn't great.

'They (Wagner and his coaching team) will stick to their process. The changes they make later in games will be planned for and thought of previously—no stone will be left unturned there.

It could easily mean changes to the formation and mentality, but how can you plan for that and stick to that because a game is always changing? You can't say right in the 65th minute, we will slow the game down and frustrate the other side --- if in the game you are losing 2-0 or 2-1.