Summer transfer rumours | Page 5 | Vital Football

Summer transfer rumours

Not sure that we should read too much into that, OSK. However, I believe that things may not all be tickety-boo at SCFC. If we had a choice of player from Salford City, my pick would be fast, tricky forward Callum Hendry. GFC might be a bit too far south for him, who knows....

Yeah. I did say “too much reading between the lines”.

Gotta like the look of either (or both) Eisa or Kemp released by MKD.

Not a rumour so much as reading too much between the lines.

GFC post yesterday. “Scenes in Salford”. Wonder if there’s a hidden message in here?

Have Salford got any quality 25 goal strikers we might have talked to? 🤔

View attachment 73270
I think Matt Smith might be a very decent bit of business if Hawkins is leaving it would mean sticking with one format Smith and a tricky quick striker would be a good combination.Options for one or two up top .

Last edited:
Here is my call
Paul Digby or Michael Morrison the former captains of Cambridge under Bonner both he describes as real leaders .Both released.
Where to fit one of them in ?
Morrison at 36 a very experienced central defender would be a commitment to three at the back and possibly make it difficult for Ehmer to play regularly.
My own reading would be more likely Paul Digby 29 a defensive midfielder that would mean playing two but that might allow for a more attack minded players in other areas .it would also free up Coleman a bit which I think would definitely develop him as a player.

Here is my call
Paul Digby or Michael Morrison the former captains of Cambridge under Bonner both he describes as real leaders .Both released.
Morrison at 36 a very experienced central defender would be a commitment to three at the back and possibly make it difficult for Ehmer to play regularly.
My own reading would be more likely Paul Digby 29 a defensive midfielder that would mean playing two but that might allow for a more attack minded players in other areas .it would also free up Coleman a bit which I think would definitely develop him as a player.
Having watched these clips from Digby's Forest Green days I think it could be a good fit for our midfield a passer and dribbler more than a tackler.

Here is my call
It is a bit risky if such a switch did not bring some goals from Coleman, as Digby has only scored 4 goals from midfield in his whole career, and I think we as a team would benefit from more goal threat from ALL areas.

Considering we are keeping Dieng, maybe we could alternate Coleman and Digby as the holding player in central midfield.

Here is my call
I think you will find that both of these players are still under contract at Cambridge.

Coleman doesn't need 'freeing up'. Let him stay in the role that he is good at.
In my view we need a passer to bring the ball out of defence.Then find the right pass to get us up the pitch.Speed is not just about pacey running.A single correct pass can cut the opposition Coleman doesn't have that in his locker.

Last edited:
Having watched these clips from Digby's Forest Green days I think it could be a good fit for our midfield a passer and dribbler more than a tackler.
No thanks Chris, not for me. We need someone with a bit more bite in midfield and, looking at the video, he doesn't seem to have that in his locker.

In my view we need a passer to bring the ball out of defence.Then find the right pass to get us up the pitch.Speed is not just about pacey running.A single correct pass can cut the opposition Coleman doesn't have that in his locker.
I wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Williams in that role, when he played a deeper role on the final day (admittedly after the sending off, so against 10 men) it was probably the best he played all season.

Also, Raggett is almost certainly a definite no.

Wants to play in league 1.

Location is key though, so unless he gets a ridiculous offer from someone far afield he wants to be in the south I'm told. Means Charlton, Posh, Orient the obvious choices.

If they don’t come in for him or offer less than us we have a chance, but it’s extremely slim, we are last resort.

Mate whose kid is in the u13s spoke to Hess at the awards ceremony the last night

"Just been speaking to hess and our budget has gone through the roof for next season. Also had offers for Hawkins, lapslie and malone. Dom jefffies is apparently off to Hungary or Millwall."

If DJ goes to Hungary I assume wouldn't get a penny

Also, Raggett is almost certainly a definite no.

Wants to play in league 1.

Location is key though, so unless he gets a ridiculous offer from someone far afield he wants to be in the south I'm told. Means Charlton, Posh, Orient the obvious choices.

If they don’t come in for him or offer less than us we have a chance, but it’s extremely slim, we are last resort.

He's a very good player and no doubt he will get an offer from one of those clubs, I really hope he does as the last thing we need is a senior pro on good money signing for us as a last resort. Fuck that.

Mate whose kid is in the u13s spoke to Hess at the awards ceremony the last night

"Just been speaking to hess and our budget has gone through the roof for next season. Also had offers for Hawkins, lapslie and malone. Dom jefffies is apparently off to Hungary or Millwall."

If DJ goes to Hungary I assume wouldn't get a penny
If he moves abroad we won’t get anything