Rolling Results 23/24 | Vital Football

Rolling Results 23/24

Another test victory for us, but Bairstow should have been invited back in, after he was stumped.

Another test victory for us, but Bairstow should have been invited back in, after he was stumped.
Cummins had the option to do that, but I've seen the incident a couple of times via a Twitter clip, and think Bairstow was silly leaving the crease.
The throw by the keeper broke the wicket with Bairstow a couple of yards out of his ground, with a time lapse of two or three seconds.
On that basis, the umpire had no option but to rule in the manner he did.
Two close results, England have wasted opportunities where the scoreline so far could easily have been reversed.

Cummins had the option to do that, but I've seen the incident a couple of times via a Twitter clip, and think Bairstow was silly leaving the crease.
The throw by the keeper broke the wicket with Bairstow a couple of yards out of his ground, with a time lapse of two or three seconds.
Two close results, England have wasted opportunities where the scoreline so far could easily have been reversed.
Great to watch though, sorry Ben was out.

I would have it if when the Keeper threw the ball that Bairstow was out of his ground, he wasn't at the time, he also made sure his foot was ground and watched the ball into the gloves before doing that and only then did his leave his crease, had he been out of his crease all the time he was fair game.

However, the Aussie did not break the rules and i wonder had the roles been reversed, would we have taken the wicket or invited the batsman back, I think not.

this is the Ashes after all, we have dropped too many catches and we have been sloppy in our bowling when the conditions have been favourable to us, having said that it is a close contest where both results could have gone to either side.

I just hope the weather does not intervene in the rest of the series, but some changes are needed in the English lineup

I would have it if when the Keeper threw the ball that Bairstow was out of his ground, he wasn't at the time, he also made sure his foot was ground and watched the ball into the gloves before doing that and only then did his leave his crease, had he been out of his crease all the time he was fair game.

However, the Aussie did not break the rules and i wonder had the roles been reversed, would we have taken the wicket or invited the batsman back, I think not.

this is the Ashes after all, we have dropped too many catches and we have been sloppy in our bowling when the conditions have been favourable to us, having said that it is a close contest where both results could have gone to either side.

I just hope the weather does not intervene in the rest of the series, but some changes are needed in the English lineup
England make 3 changes for third test.

A Cole Palmer free kick giving England U21s the lead at HT in the UEFA U21 European Championship final.

In typical fashion the goal was originally awarded to a City player was later stolen by a LiverpoolTMfailed player (Curtis Jones) who ducking out of the way in the wall knew FA about it 🙄

(Sergio Gomez is playing for Spain)

Unbelievable.

Spain awarded a penalty in the final minute of added time after a VAR review.

The VAr review came two minutes at least after the incident during which the Spanish player, their captain Ruiz, lay writhing in (apparent) agony...... whilst Spain played on. Eventually the ball is cleared ....and then the reg trots over to look at the monitor. A cop out if you asked me.

Trafford - recently of City, now of Burnley - kept 6 clean sheets and saved superbly.......

After it all kicks off on the Spanish bench eventually the whistle goes and England are U21 European Champions. :clap:

City's Tommy Doyle and Harwood-Bellis also featured for England.

The VAr review came two minutes at least after the incident during which the Spanish player, their captain Ruiz, lay writhing in (apparent) agony...... whilst Spain played on. Eventually the ball is cleared ....and then the reg trots over to look at the monitor. A cop out if you asked me.

Trafford - recently of City, now of Burnley - kept 6 clean sheets and saved superbly.......

After it all kicks off on the Spanish bench eventually the whistle goes and England are U21 European Champions. :clap:

City's Tommy Doyle and Harwood-Bellis also featured for England.
I felt sorry for Palmer, it was his goal but because it came off the back of Colwill, he gets the glory in the history books

It’s odd that no-one in the media has queried the point.
Keen not to have a player from the "Pariah's of the Premier League" responsible for winning the tournament. There wasn't much mention of how many players City had in the squad or on the pitch either. Probably a bit inconvenient and contradicts the narrative about how we only spend gazillions on every player.

HT, Frienly in Perth, Hammers 2-0 up vs Ange ball Spursy. Old 'Arry glass ankles is playing, on his way to Germany.