Player of the Year & Goal of the Season 2023/24 voting open | Vital Football

Player of the Year & Goal of the Season 2023/24 voting open

Mark_GRS

Vital Youth Team
I know there are so many outstanding contributions to chose from, but see if you can manage to whittle it down to one and post your votes now:

Here are your Goal of the Season nominations:

Coleman, and Malone's goal v Sutton for me. The angle in the video there doesn't really do it justice, remember in the days following the match there was a clip somewhere showing the view from the Medway Stand, absolutely superb technique.

Anyone else find it slightly worrying that it's so easy to vote though? Would be extremely easy for fans of other clubs to hijack the vote.

I love how the Gills social media posts about this have been swamped by “fans” (I am using that term loosely) commenting that “no one worth voting for”, “get rid of them all”, “no goals why bother”, “Galinsons all talk”, etc etc.

I often despair at our fanbase. Some of em do everything they can to switch people off. Any casual fan or prospective fan that comes across our marketing must think “why bother, what a toxic atmosphere”.

I love how the Gills social media posts about this have been swamped by “fans” (I am using that term loosely) commenting that “no one worth voting for”, “get rid of them all”, “no goals why bother”, “Galinsons all talk”, etc etc.

I often despair at our fanbase. Some of em do everything they can to switch people off. Any casual fan or prospective fan that comes across our marketing must think “why bother, what a toxic atmosphere”.
Same with the posts about season ticket sales.

Because discouraging people from buying a ticket, and therefore reducing revenue and budget, is definitely going to improve things.

Last edited:
Coleman POTY and Mahoney's goal v Morecambe cos I was there to see it.

Slim pickings on the goal front though, some tidy finishes, but Malone and Mahoney's goals apart, there's nothing to wax lyrical about.

Coleman as player. He's been consistent. Ogie been the more impressive but less consistent and a few mistakes.

Malone v sutton was spectacular but mahoneys v morecambe showed great skill. Undecided between those two.

Shaping up to be a disappointing season overall though. Suspect the stands will be sparse for the lap of "honour" if they do the usual and go back to the dressing room and then come back out again.

Mind you knowing this lot once we are mathematically out of contention we'll probably put on a show

It's funny how recent experiences can change things, as I notice no mention of Masterson?

Before his recent sending off and then his faux pas on Monday, he would have got my vote as he has been solid defensively. Also joint top scorer and only just behind Coleman and Ogie on total passes and passes completed, plus he has created one more chance than Coleman, who still hasn't scored:

Coleman has 2 more assists, admittedly.

Went for Ehmer & Malone vs Sutton. Was going to vote for Coleman as Young POTY but apparently that isn't an option we can vote on this season?

Coleman for me just over Max who has been an ever present and I've voted for him in previous years. Despite his fluctuating form and temperament Mahoney's goal was a great to see from the RE so pips Malone for my vote.

I voted for Max and Mahoney. I’ve only missed two games this season, and Max hasn’t been special, but he’s keep up a good consistency. It would be so must easier to pick the shit of the season!