New Season Fixtures | Vital Football

New Season Fixtures

Truebluejock

Vital Youth Team
After all the non football rubbish around that bellend, I must say I really looking forward to the new fixtures being announced in just over 20 mins.

It wull be great to get back to talking about football again.

FFS, I think the fixtures computer has got something against me. Over in the UK for 10 days or so in August, and what does the computer throw up? S****horpe away and Shrewsbury away :29:

Same as at Xmas, over for 10 days or so, we get Millwall away on the day I arrived so didn't have time to get there, Colchester at home on the day I left, and the only fixture while I was actually there was Swindon away.

A bit disappointed we are away both boxing day and new years eve but neither are too far away. And i always like a home game last day of the season but Northampton is accessible even allowing for a midday kick off.

All in all not too bad

Absolute bag of shite for me.
Southend away on the first day of the season when I, and I should imagine a lot of others, are on holiday.
Swindon away and Oxford away both Tuesday night.
Charlton away on a bank holiday when there is no public transport.
As if I wasn't feeling fed up enough today that really has put the bloody icing on it!

There should be transport on the Bank Holiday Monday. It's only the boxing day and new years day games where there's nightmare trains. Easter Monday is fine. It's a sunday service, but it's fine.

I quite like the fixture list. I wanted an away game on the first day so got my wish there. I wanted home on the last day and boxing day but away at Northampton and Peterborough isn't too bad and should be a couple of good days. The opening month looks fairly winnable. Good that the Millwall and Charlton games aren't either the last home or away games.
Main Disappointment for me is having Oxford and Swindon on Tuesday night's away from home.

Gutted. Live in Kent midweek, Cheltenham weekends and I'm in States for midweek games and the Swine and Oxford away are Tuesdays! Jr has already asked if we can do Charlton at Easter. I've asked if he could give me some more notice!!!

As Nick says potential to get a good start.

I'm fairly happy with the fixture list really.

A great away game to start off with, close to home in Essex too. A day out to the seaside in the sun (hopefully) will be good!
Home to Bury then Swindon at home the following Tuesday which will be good.

Millwall on New Years Eve will be quality. Will probably spend the night up in London as a result.
Charlton on a Bank Holiday Monday is decent too - athough i can see myself having a sore head at work the next day.

September looks to be a hard month - Sheff Utd, Bradford, Portvale Away, Coventry and Chesterfield Away. No easy games there i'd imagine.

Good to have AFC Wimbledon is on a weekend as that'll bea good day out.

Unlucky that Oxford is a weeknight game. I would have fancied that for a nice day out, but never mind - you can't have everything. And more importantly, mostly away games when i'm otherwise engaged at England Rugby Matches.

No big Xmas away game near xmas. Millwall away was really good last year so close to xmas and it would have been nice to have another similar trip. I suppose Bolton away on the 10th is the best option, or just wait until New Years Eve - that'll be a good game. I can well imagine that some Gills fans will be spending new years day waking up in a police cell as a result!

Happy also that Boxing day is an away game that I probably wouldn't go to. Both mine and my partner's parents are separated so we end up splitting our time amongst 4 different families at Xmas so getting to the boxing day game is always a tough sell to the Mrs, so probably no need to do that now - and even if we do go, it's one i'd drive to anyway so not a good away day out ruined.

I'll be hoping to get to either (or both) home games v Walsall & Chorlton in October and possibly the away game at Brizzle R. Will probably be oop narf when we play Oldham at home tho'.

Now trawling through the rest of the entire league and EPL fixtures to try see if we can manage some 'neutral' games while there.

Any suggestions for good grounds (lower divs or Championship) to visit? Sheff U or Bratfud on 8th Oct look good possibles.

Brighton is meant to be a good new stadium. Although that's obviously in the prem and it's unlikely you'll get a ticket there anyway.

It might be good to go to Griffin Park (Brentford) before it's replaced by their new stadium. The terraced away end was great.

Sheff Utd and Hillsborough are definitely worth going to. Palace is worth going to as well. There's a decent atmosphere there these days. Loftus Road is a great Stadium too, being very close to the pitch and with some good watering holes. I enjoyed Portman Road both times I went as well.

England are at home to Malta on the 8th. Will you miss that?

alphabet_king - 22/6/2016 11:13

Brighton is meant to be a good new stadium. Although that's obviously in the prem and it's unlikely you'll get a ticket there anyway.

It might be good to go to Griffin Park (Brentford) before it's replaced by their new stadium. The terraced away end was great.

Sheff Utd and Hillsborough are definitely worth going to. Palace is worth going to as well. There's a decent atmosphere there these days. Loftus Road is a great Stadium too, being very close to the pitch and with some good watering holes. I enjoyed Portman Road both times I went as well.

England are at home to Malta on the 8th. Will you miss that?

Sheff U rather than Bradford then?
Hadn't thought of England game. Obviously why there's no Prem/Champ games that weekend. But probably too far North for coming down to London for a day. Possible though, my son might like to go to Wembley.

Hard arranging a 1 month holiday around football fixtures :69:

Yeh that's very odd. I am not sure why I thought they had been. They were in the playoffs weren't they? For some reason I thought they'd won the playoffs I think.

Well there you go then you might have more chance of getting a ticket there. it's a new stadium but meant to be fairly impressive.