MATCH THREAD liverpool 16-30 Sunday | Page 19 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD liverpool 16-30 Sunday

Well am not in the Angie out Club/Brigade, or ashamed to call myself a Spurs fan, cos if you feel like that go n support someone else., there I said it.

Me if I get stick just smile and say and, mind we could be running away wiv the league and I would still get stick, and mostly I hate to hear from troll fans of our own, esp on here! COYS
Agree Pomp mate but to be fair I don't think there are any Trolls on here ,unless Iv read your post wrong my friend.

Emerson cost us the game today imo.
True. The fact that Ange picked him after he did so badly in his last game, was disappointing. If he starts Emerson next game at LB, that's me cashing in my Ange ticket.

He should've started VdV there and given Radu a start. Mind you, I thought Skippy did well there and hope he gets another crack at covering for our full backs before charlatans like Emerson get another chance.

To be fair to Ange,are we all not getting ahead of ourselves in fairness. Yes we have been Shite in the last quarter of the season but,"reality check," we look nailed on for 5th, Europa League,. European football in his first season in the toughest league in the world. He never promised us the Moon and the Stars,even when we were top of the league.He always played it down.Statistics mean Jack Shit. ie 1st time in 30 years we have lost 4 in a row . So fuckin what, records are there to be broken,good or bad. We have to stick with Ange. I truly believe in him. He deserves at least,at the very least ,another season.

To be fair to Ange,are we all not getting ahead of ourselves in fairness. Yes we have been Shite in the last quarter of the season but,"reality check," we look nailed on for 5th, Europa League,. European football in his first season in the toughest league in the world. He never promised us the Moon and the Stars,even when we were top of the league.He always played it down.Statistics mean Jack Shit. ie 1st time in 30 years we have lost 4 in a row . So fuckin what, records are there to be broken,good or bad. We have to stick with Ange. I truly believe in him. He deserves at least,at the very least ,another season.
He's testing my patience.
He's talking like he is a footballing messiah.
When he's actually done sweet FA in the grand scheme of things.
But ultimately, I agree.
We stick with him.

Last edited:
It's only 20 years, not 30.

High foot is dangerous play isn’t it?
VAR said the post did the damage …… Johnson should know better than to tackle a post . They said Gomez kicked the ball cleanly .!
, the fact that his foot was six foot off the ground ,,out of control and Johnson had nowhere to go except into the post had nothing to do with it .

Tierney has no place on a football pitch .

I simply do not understand playing a right footed player at left back , then compound that by playing a right footed player on the left wing in front of him , then isolate them both by playing the entire midfield in a narrow formation down the middle ,.

Then we play a left footed player on the right wing , who has not one thought of using his right foot , even when put through in a dangerous position .

Then , we put on a striker , moved the striker we had , who couldn’t use either foot , out to the left , where he only used his right foot! , ……… and put the right footed winger out on the right wing , who amazingly put in a lovely cross for the new striker to score a lovely goal .

Forgive me if I seem a bit amazed .

I simply do not understand playing a right footed player at left back , then compound that by playing a right footed player on the left wing in front of him , then isolate them both by playing the entire midfield in a narrow formation down the middle ,.

Then we play a left footed player on the right wing , who has not one thought of using his right foot , even when put through in a dangerous position .

Then , we put on a striker , moved the striker we had , who couldn’t use either foot , out to the left , where he only used his right foot! , ……… and put the right footed winger out on the right wing , who amazingly put in a lovely cross for the new striker to score a lovely goal .

Inverted Wingers/FBs or as we all like to call it Angeball.

There is so much wrong with the way we set up and play. We talk about the front three, the middle three, the fullbacks, the set pieces. Fundamentally though, I think it comes down to having a reliable Kanesque striker. The Arsenal game showed that initially we were capable of dominating the midfield with an effective press, but couldn't score. Same yesterday, started really well but got nowhere and then lost heart and control. All season we have not got enough reward when playing well and the effect has become debilitating.

It's hard to understand inverted wingers when you don't have a no.9 capable of stretching the defence - Son was a passenger, up until he scored his goal, but his inadequacy for the rest of the game,meant that we only had 9 trying to play.

Hopefully, the recruitment team will buy such spectacular players that Ange's stubbornness will pay off, but right now, unless we spend £2-300 mill it's hard to believe he can.

What a mess we are now in.

Last edited: