Lincoln City Women | Page 22 | Vital Football

Lincoln City Women

Themanager referred to the team training on 3G, and those matches in the Midlands I've been to (along with Imphistorian, although he sees more ham me
2-2 I believe.

Thanks for that, great stuff. But interesting - I saw it reported as 1-2 at full time!!

Ouch lost 7-1 today to league leaders
Yes, went down to that. Thought we might lose heavily, when looking at league positions, but we weren't that much worse. Their first goal was a very iffy penalty, and we pulled back to 1-1. But they scored 3 from corners - have to say they were very well taken, one effectively went in off post - and we couldn't get them away. Others, we were chasing the game..... Can't criticise the girls for their effort.

Chatting to the mother of one of the girls, who was from the midlands, and she was saying what Imphistorian has also told me in the past ie that these teams around Birmingham have players on loan or recruited from the big midlands clubs, which we can't compete with

Maintaining league position is presumably major objective this season. Next season could be interesting - Lincoln United women look odds on promotion, which I believe will have them playing in the same league