Lasse Sorensen | Page 2 | Vital Football

Lasse Sorensen

imps1 has summed it up nicely. It was a good interview and pretty much mapped out the plan for the off season and how we're approaching it, very detailed and open.

Sounds like we might have an option on Erhahon as well so perhaps a 2+1 left?

If Mandroiu is one of the top earners here already then I doubt he'll re-sign and fair play if he thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere because I'm not 100% sure he's warranted that sort of interest over the last couple of seasons.

In Jensen's case, 'keepers don't generally go for big money and considering how sky high his stats were this season, he's probably the one you'd be ok keeping for a year and losing on a free next summer?

Sorenson's future will probably depend on what formation we're going with next season? If it's 4 at the back, I'm not sure he fits in?

Does sound as though a handful of the squad are either coming back in pre-season but probably be moved on (Smith and Brown) or coming back to see if there's a realistic chance of them breaking into the first team (Long, Cann etc).

EDIT - Jez also said the squad cost us £600k.

As per Davidimp - great summary.

Only things I would add is that it sounded like Benn, Long and Smith will be training for their futures when pre-season starts and depending how they do directly under the gaze of MS will very quickly precipitate their outcomes at the club. Brown is very much actively trying to be moved out.

Gallagher sounds like somebody they rate highly and will be nurtured long term.

The club also really, really like Mitchell, and we could already be close to offering terms to a Scandinavian player ;)

On the back of that I wouldn't be surprised if most of Brown, Long, Benn, Smith, Mandroiu, Bishop are gone plus one of Sorensen/Jensen cashed in on.

Erhahon will only go for the big bucks.
I would agree with this assessment. At least one of Lasse/Jensen gone this summer.

What I did like was the objective approach by JG. The inevitable need to sell players was tempered with confidence about what Lincoln City has to offer to the right type of player at the right time of their career.

It certainly sounds like we are not the beggars we used to be and stand our ground more firmly in contract negotiations, be that with potential recruits or players out of contract.

A good example of that was the approach to Bishop/Mandroiu i.e., 'We value you and we have offered you a contract. We appreciate you are exploring your options, but so are we.' The inference being that the players have a short window to make their decision about a LCFC future or the club will simply move on.

I would think that has to be fair and in the best interests of everybody. If they want to stay it takes away some of the messing around with agents playing the field whilst allowing the Imps to motor ahead with squad rebuilding for early pre season. Essentially if the players are dragging their heels and touting themselves, it somewhat focuses minds.

The only two players he didn't ask about who are currently under contract are Paudie and Reeco, how much longer have they got ? And will we do similar to Lasse and Lukas once they get into their last year try to sell.

Think we have to go a similar route to Posh , basically transfer list if we can't the player to extend his deal with us.

The only two players he didn't ask about who are currently under contract are Paudie and Reeco, how much longer have they got ? And will we do similar to Lasse and Lukas once they get into their last year try to sell.

Think we have to go a similar route to Posh , basically transfer list if we can't the player to extend his deal with us.

Reeco signed a three year deal, so two years left.

Paudie I would assume has year left, very much doubt he signed a four year deal and we wouldn't have an option after what JG said re free transfers.

My interpretation of the interview with Jez is as follows:

Mandroiu - Player and Club looking at other options. He is/was a high earner. Signed for 2 years, plan was for him to progress year 1 as he only joined us on a low fee and then sell but not enough progress made in year 1.

Teddy - Negotiations ongoing.

Both with Teddy/Danny i thought Jez was saying if we find a replacements then we could break off negotiations with both as well as players will if they get better offers.

Montsma - Ready to train when players come back in summer. Short term deal offered to check fitness into preseason. With a view of contract until January then end of season. Jez thinks there could be scenario which is useful for Lewis and protects LCFC.

Ethan E - Do not need to sell, plenty of time left on contract. Agent knows type of money it will take for him to move clubs.

Jensen - 1 year left on deal. As per Lasse decision to either sell or let him leave for free next summer.

Gallagher/Benn/Long will return for preseason.

Ahui/Cann won't be part of first team next season. Either binned or loaned out again. Need to find them a “Pathway”.

Jayden Brown/ Ali Smith - 1 year left, not sure they'll be staying if we had our way. Smith had bad injury at Colchester and will be back just before pre season.

Incoming - Want 2 or 3 in early. Also maybe a player or two in Scandinavia who are on our radar.
Fully agree with your analysis, but i thought he made a couple of interesting comments about Lasse and Lukas, both having a year left and then could leave for free. He said Lasse could be sold, but if we kept him and he helped us to promotion he might want to stay. With Lucas he said he signed only for 2yrs and wouldnt extend that. I think in his case the club doesnt want risk losing him for free. Think they believe Lucas to be the bigger asset of the two.

Definitely looks like a summer of change and another big job for JG and his team.

We are clearly looking to improve the squad and finish higher next season, and for that players have to move on. Accordingly I expect Mandroui and Bishop will leave which, with TJ and Haks, takes a big wedge out of our salary bill. And therefore leaves room for 3 or 4 quality additions.

The ball game changes slightly if we lose any of Erhahan, Jensen or Sorensen. Of the three, Sorensen will probably be the easiest to replace as there will be good full backs available. If Jensen goes, and the opinion is that neither Wright or Long are ready, then we might be back to the loan keeper situation that served us well for several seasons. Erhahan will be the hardest to replace of course, but if he goes, it will be for a very big fee I'm sure.

Either way I have confidence in JG and the board. They know what they are doing. Just look at the two front runners for our head coach job when MK left. Both Skoobs and Buckingham at Oxford have done excellent jobs, and have fully justified why they at the top of our club's short list.

Jez also said its important we dont sell all of our biggest assets in one go and have to start from scratch. I thought for once Hortin conducted a decent interview and Jez revealed as much as he could in public. Oh and he also said he shared the fans view on Alex Mitchell.....but he is Millwall's player.

Definitely looks like a summer of change and another big job for JG and his team.

We are clearly looking to improve the squad and finish higher next season, and for that players have to move on. Accordingly I expect Mandroui and Bishop will leave which, with TJ and Haks, takes a big wedge out of our salary bill. And therefore leaves room for 3 or 4 quality additions.

The ball game changes slightly if we lose any of Erhahan, Jensen or Sorensen. Of the three, Sorensen will probably be the easiest to replace as there will be good full backs available. If Jensen goes, and the opinion is that neither Wright or Long are ready, then we might be back to the loan keeper situation that served us well for several seasons. Erhahan will be the hardest to replace of course, but if he goes, it will be for a very big fee I'm sure.

Either way I have confidence in JG and the board. They know what they are doing. Just look at the two front runners for our head coach job when MK left. Both Skoobs and Buckingham at Oxford have done excellent jobs, and have fully justified why they at the top of our club's short list.
Sounds like a pretty normal summer of players coming and going to me.
Look since we returned to the league in 2017 and the number will be pretty similar.

Jez also said its important we dont sell all of our biggest assets in one go and have to start from scratch. I thought for once Hortin conducted a decent interview and Jez revealed as much as he could in public. Oh and he also said he shared the fans view on Alex Mitchell.....but he is Millwall's player.
Thought Hortin did well, good interview, maybe he should hand over his commentator role to somebody else who does more research.

Slightly surprised to learn that Mandroiu is one of our top earners. Is he really going to receive many better offers, or any at all?

I can see Lincoln bringing in a replacement while he is 'considering his options' and making his decision for him; and League Two beckoning...

Big changes this summer - there could be as few as three survivors by the time the new season begins.