Forest V Blades - Do or Die thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

Forest V Blades - Do or Die thread

Almost impossible to prove and is a loophole that they shut via new legislation or a battle they could never, ever win.

Now, I'm not saying EM should buy L'OB for 80m. But if he wanted Danilo and paid 40m for him, or Dennis at 15m, Worrall at 12m, even Sangare at what we paid, maybe a bit more, if he did any of those deals, PL can do precisely ZERO about it.
EM also got to contend with Olympiakos being thrown out of Europe if he overspends with them to help us of course

For FFP in Europe you can only spend something like 80 per cent of your revenue I think and the Greeks obviously don't have anywhere near same income Premier league clubs get from live TV or prizemoney over here

I'm not sure the Olympiakos fans could handle that!!

Lol

Think the most Olympiakos have ever been able to spend on a player to date was just 11.5m pounds

They have their own FFP to deal with

They were linked with a defender where selling club wanted 16M pounds approx but the fee wasn't possible due to FFP constraints apparently

And no it wasn't Worrall!!!

Lol

It's not actually allowed

Would be classed as related party transaction

Can't sell for inflated fees in that case

Have to show deals are done at market value (albeit I'm sure theres a bit of scope there)

We can move players there but can't get away with over inflated fees as a way of passing FFP

Same way that overseas sponsors linked to owners of clubs (related parties) can't pay excessive sponsorship

TBF though sangare to Olympiakos for 20M to 25M we might get away with based on what we recently paid (allegedly)

If he can't fit in here
No point selling Sangare - we still have £24m amortised on his transfer - so there would be no profit.

Could easliy get -

£8m for Worrall
£6m for O'Brien
£6m for Richards
£5m for Biaconne
£4m for Freuler
outstanding £20m for Mangala

that's £50m - no overstated fees - keeps us inline with P&S - doesn't weaken the squad and keeps all of our star players.
Whats the problem?

No point selling Sangare - we still have £24m amortised on his transfer - so there would be no profit.

Could easliy get -

£8m for Worrall
£6m for O'Brien
£6m for Richards
£5m for Biaconne
£4m for Freuler

that's £50m - no overstated fees - keeps us inline with P&S - doesn't weaken the squad and keeps all of our star players.
Whats the problem?
We will keep Richards IMO, but could sell Toff.

Biancone has already been transferred to Oly and same with Frueler, just not sure on that fee

Could easliy get -

£8m for Worrall
£6m for O'Brien
£6m for Richards
£5m for Biaconne
£4m for Freuler

Whats the problem?
Can’t see us getting that much for mentioned players but could get £30m. We also have the full £47 m in the bank for BJ. I don’t feel we are anywhere near £30m requirement to balance and come under the stipulated total. We also know what the rules are rather than the PL changing them weeks before deadline. Hold on to stars, they I will only gain in value and another year makes significant difference.

imo we were behind teams like fulham and bournemouth and they have really been my guide to our progress. i was hoping we'd manage to stay with them

they have both spent heavily but in any case we were miles behind them to start with- that's the thing promoted clubs don't all start from the same position.

I think we sell at 3-4m. He only cost 6 or 7 I think?
Although Vlachidimos does not seem very good, he is still first- choice for Greece. However, for laudable footballing loyalty reasons, he will not go to Olympiakos, which sadly, excludes him from being transferred there at an over- value and it being justified by his being an international keeper.
Forest should have moved for Livakovic when he was available.

We currently have (I think) 17 players out on loan. Admittedly some already have loan fees arranged and some may be out of contract but averaging just £2m each for these 17 will net us £35m. That's just the loan players and doesn't include the likes of Vlachodimos or Turner.

However this does kind of rely on our transfer team being on the ball and negotiating deals. Which is where we can add a new tune to the terrace repertoire -

"Three wheels on my wagon
And I'm still rolling along
The referees are chasing me
Apologies fly
Right on by
But I'm singing a happy song"

No they’re not ok.

Point 1, which they should address is this..

On promotion you are a PL team, and therefore have £105m of permissible losses. End of debate.

From there we can pick apart (as we have done) these anti competitive rules further
Then they get relegated (statistically likely) and are saddled with higher debts that cannot be managed.

Bad idea.

Last edited:
Then they get relegated (statistically likely) and are saddled with higher debts that cannot be managed.

Bad idea.
It’s not about that. At that point it’s a choice the club has knowing they are working with the same rules as everyone else

We are not down yet. Luton, Blades, Burnley chose to not spend to that limit

Ipswich would have that choice. It’s all about level playing field. From there it’s down to the clubs

It’s not about that. At that point it’s a choice the club has knowing they are working with the same rules as everyone else

We are not down yet. Luton, Blades, Burnley chose to not spend to that limit

Ipswich would have that choice. It’s all about level playing field. From there it’s down to the clubs
Don't have rules then.

I agree that the current system is broken, but clubs really do need saving from themselves.

Don't have rules then.

I agree that the current system is broken, but clubs really do need saving from themselves.
Don’t disagree with that point on rules.

In terms of clubs saving themsleves, how many years since Portsmouth? There are hardly any cases to that extreme these days