Forest V Blades - Do or Die thread | Vital Football

Forest V Blades - Do or Die thread

Though an often overused phrase, this game really is the epitome of a must win game. Not in the sense that we’re relegated should we lose but for the psychological impact on us and the 2 teams directly below. Lose, to the worst team in the league by some margin and our already fragile confidence would be shot to pieces and I fear we wouldn’t pick up another point. Win, as expected and it should give us the lift and the points buffer to see us home should other results pan out as expected.

In a perfect world we’d win today and have our 4 points returned next week and the jobs a good un, our PL status secured for next season but fate is a fickle mistress and this is Forest, who we know rarely do things comfortably.

Not sure my ticker can take it…

The absolute dream is a good performance and result where we are the club that gets them to the magical 100 goals conceded. They have the shittest defence in premier league history.

However, they are a bitter and twisted lot. For some reason I can't fathom, they absolutely hate us for beating them in the playoffs fair and square with no controversial decisions and us being the better team in four of the five halves.

So their final aim as a premier league club is to bring us down with them and their fans will be rabidly cheering on that aim- while they actually remain in the ground, that is.

Whether that burning aim feeds through to the players I don't know. But they will be playing a game more akin to rugby I suspect and make it difficult. We aren't a great team at breaking down teams parking a bus

This is interesting; have a look at the "aerials won"

Screenshot_20240504_074401_Samsung Internet.jpg
None other than Boly are that great. But look at it-

Top is Boly, missing for the last 4 months
Then Aurier who isn't here anymore
Then a striker
Then Felipe who hardly plays
Then Worrall who isn't here anymore.

No wonder we are conceding from set pieces week after week since Nuno came in! We weren't great at them before but most of our best players aerially have either been fucked off or fucked up

View attachment 73008

Then a striker

No wonder we are conceding from set pieces week after week since Nuno came in! We weren't great at them before but most of our best players aerially have either been fucked off or fucked up

the other stat that stood out for me was the rating for cho. suggests the grumping around him is unfair.

pivotal moment for me. so far I have kept faith, recognising the various challenges.

this is as black and white as it gets, anything less than a win and I will be in the big ange camp- big change needed.

fwiw we can do it and should do it but this is us. calm but nervous.

stick with the 3 at the back as it might invite the blunts out a bit and give us some space.

It is unfair. He has become a good player and is getting better. If we can just scrape through this season I would be very excited to see him, Elanga, Mr Biscuit and MGW pushing on next season

agree feels like the promotion team all over again. we just need to get over the fooking line this season cos we have a really good group of young uns to build from.

the system is so unbalanced that you need 2x miracles before you get a fair crack to push on.

It is unfair. He has become a good player and is getting better. If we can just scrape through this season I would be very excited to see him, Elanga, Mr Biscuit and MGW pushing on next season
Agreed, but it would have been nice if he was visible on that assists table.

View attachment 73008

Then a striker

Shouldn’t read too much in to those figures. Sangare as aggressive as Yates?