FA Cup Replays | Page 4 | Vital Football

FA Cup Replays

When the ESL came about because of backdoor deals, the other 14 PL sides kicked off and now the whole PL doing exactly the same thing they kicked off about with the FA Cup.

The PL want to create more space in the calendar because of European commitments. Just think about that, they're willing to sacrifice the domestic game, the foundations of why they are where they are, for more games in other competitions. And let's be right, all this bollocks about then being able to start the PL season in mid-August and give extra rest to players is ridiculous because they'll all head off on more/longer overseas tours.

I've always said that the FA Cup should introduce something similar to the FA Trophy where sides can decide whether they want to replay the tie or not. I can completely understand if its' PL vs PL, L1 vs L1 etc and neither side want a replay. In that case, agree to settle it on the day either extra time plus penalties or straight to penalties.

Amazing how many journalist who cover the PL sides are being fed the line about thinking it's *just* about the money. It's clearly a part of it, but it isn't just that. It's the lack of consultation, the PL and FA making a decision themselves yet the PL account for only 3%(?) of all the sides that take part in the FA Cup every season, the fact that it's another thing the PL want to change to suit their wants and needs (U21's in the EFL Trophy) and keep pushing the boundaries whilst being unwilling to agree to a new distribution deal with the EFL, taking decision like this at a time when they're trying to, badly, convince us all that the game doesn't need an independent regulator.

It's about the momentum it can build within a Club, the change in direction of a Club and the infrastructure that can be invested in and whilst it's not often a side gets a big tie replay, the fact it's possible is where the excitement is. There's still *a chance* and they want to take that away as well.

yet the PL account for only 3%(?) of all the sides that take part in the FA Cup every season,

The PL clubs that actually play in Europe account for only 1% of all the sides that take part in the FA Cup. The entire direction of football is being driven by 6 or 7 clubs that don't give a shit about the rest of us (or even the rest of the PL).

Just think about that, they're willing to sacrifice the domestic game, the foundations of why they are where they are, for more games in other competitions.
But that's surely the dichotomy. The owners of Premiership clubs (and increasingly Championship clubs) don't have that history, or foundations - and neither do many of their players. They have bought in at the top, with their own agendas, and have none of the history/understanding. Don't suppose we should be surprised.

I wonder how many foreign owners would share the views of our Chairman, reproduced on page 1, who does understand that history and foundation - in fact, for him, that is one "of the reasons I fell in love with English football". Not for those in the Premiershi, apparently.

From what I have read that there will be no replays next season from the 1st round onwards to support the teams in the UEFA competitions, I presume that all of the 92 PL/EFL clubs will be joining the competition in the 1st round.

If they are still joining in the 3rd round, how is scrapping the replays for the 1st & 2nd rounds going to help the clubs in the UEFA comps?
I think the major error you have made in your question is combining logic and reasoning with a fan-centered fair play understanding of the issue.

What you failed to take into account is that this approach automatically disqualifies you from any position of authority in the FA and PL.

Did Sky Sports have any input?. They've buggered about with the premiershite fixtures so no there seems to be a game every weekday, maybe a slight exaggeration, haven't they now just got the EFL rights, or is that just highlights?. So if they have does that mean EFL games every night on Sky?.

The FA is claiming the move was agreed by four representatives from the EFL (via the 'Professional Game Board'):

If true, I would love to know who those four are, and why it was agreed without referring to either its member clubs or their supporters.

And where is the consent from the other 640 clubs who entered the FA Cup this season?
The Millwall CEO, one of the 4 non-Prem representatives of the PGB has now stated they did not agree the changes.

I have also read that the EFL have denied that their representatives accepted the changes to the FA Cup replays.
The problem as I see it is as much as we all hate the way the premier league are dictating the way football is moving in England they and their mates at Sky have a financial stranglehold on the game.
Even though it is a pitance compared to what the premier league gets the dregs that are passed down to the lower members of the pyramid still are essential for those clubs finances.
Unless an independent regulator is put in place I cannot see a way to stop these dictators from continuing to decimate the game as we know it. I am 100% behind any protests that can be legally mounted but I think they have us by the short and curlies.

On a different, but related theme, our local rag is reporting that half of Stoke's games will be televised next season (assuming they stay in Championship) in a deal between the EFL and Sky. since the 3pm blackout will remain, that means a significant number of Stoke's (and other Championship) games will be moved away from the traditional Saturday afternoon kick off. Another kick in the teeth for traditional/diehard supporters in favour of the couch brigade

The Football Association is a disgrace to English football and has been for years.

I wonder whether we can ask Mr Ceferin to disband them for the good of the game?

Start again with an entirely new association and disqualify anyone who has ever been involved with the old one.

The only one of the 4 EFL reps who has poked his head above the parapet as far as I know is from Millwall who denies anything was agreed with them, who were the other three ? Mark Palios from Tranni when interviewed on 5 Live denied the EFL had been consulted . This will rumble on and probably changes eventually made hopefully. When the FA say the changes will benefit the FA cup I would like to know what they think the benefits are, apart from the top 6 or so in the Premiership.

The only one of the 4 EFL reps who has poked his head above the parapet as far as I know is from Millwall who denies anything was agreed with them, who were the other three ? Mark Palios from Tranni when interviewed on 5 Live denied the EFL had been consulted . This will rumble on and probably changes eventually made hopefully. When the FA say the changes will benefit the FA cup I would like to know what they think the benefits are, apart from the top 6 or so in the Premiership.
Making it 99% certain that 2 of the top 8 (or so) get to the final rather than 95?
I do like the idea of allowing the 2 sides to decide themselves, whether they want a replay or not.
Let's hope that the majority of the EFL can make a significant statement next season. Not that the other 20+ will give a flying fuck about it!

Yet BBC reports the FA claim "all parties accepted" replays could not continue.

Someone is telling porkies, and given the nonsense of the FA statement yesterday about the plans "enhancing" the FA Cup, I'd suggest it's the FA, who clearly also can't communicate accurately in English.

Did Sky Sports have any input?. They've buggered about with the premiershite fixtures so no there seems to be a game every weekday, maybe a slight exaggeration, haven't they now just got the EFL rights, or is that just highlights?. So if they have does that mean EFL games every night on Sky?.
Nope, TNT are showing games again from next season I believe?
Sky haven't shown fa cup ties for many years
Sky have their new 1000 efl game deal to fill up their schedule with

Edit it's from 25/26 TNT will show matches

Nope, TNT are showing games again from next season I believe?
Sky haven't shown fa cup ties for many years
Sky have their new 1000 efl game deal to fill up their schedule with

Edit it's from 25/26 TNT will show matches
So Sky will not want 'silly' FA cup replays mucking up their EFL live schedule!?

I've always said that the FA Cup should introduce something similar to the FA Trophy where sides can decide whether they want to replay the tie or not. I can completely understand if its' PL vs PL, L1 vs L1 etc and neither side want a replay. In that case, agree to settle it on the day either extra time plus penalties or straight to penalties.

Such a simple solution. You’re wasted on here Luke.