Dave Mehmet | Vital Football

Dave Mehmet

mehmets_curlies

Vital Squad Member
I know there was a previous post on Dave's passing, but I can't find it and it seemed that the info was false. Sadly, it now seems that the ginger maestro passed away yesterday. Confirmation is on the clubs website. Mehmet, for me, was the best player I have ever seem in a Gills shirt. He was classy at a time of awful pitches and even worse tackles. How good would he be on todays pitches and with the possesion based football prevalent these days? Farewell, Dave, and thanks for the wonderful memories.

I know there was a previous post on Dave's passing, but I can't find it and it seemed that the info was false. Sadly, it now seems that the ginger maestro passed away yesterday. Confirmation is on the clubs website. Mehmet, for me, was the best player I have ever seem in a Gills shirt. He was classy at a time of awful pitches and even worse tackles. How good would he be on todays pitches and with the possesion based football prevalent these days? Farewell, Dave, and thanks for the wonderful memories.
Yeah. Looks like the post from a week or 2 ago was removed. But I put another one up just yesterday.

RIP Dave. Sad loss too soon.

Still wish it could be a minutes silence how it use to be, hate this applause thing we do now. Just feel the silence shows more respect but either way I'm glad the club are doing this. Millwall players midweek all wore black armbands I'm told and good for them.

Still wish it could be a minutes silence how it use to be, hate this applause thing we do now. Just feel the silence shows more respect but either way I'm glad the club are doing this. Millwall players midweek all wore black armbands I'm told and good for them.

Few times I’ve been in a ground for a mark of respect, I prefer the applause.

It negates the effect of the odd tw@t or group who don’t comply with the silence, or those that simply don’t realise it’s happening.

I also think it’s nice to give a happy memory of the departed one rather than grim silence.

Each to their own and maybe sometimes the circumstances might be too tragic for an applause to be appropriate. But I’d prefer to honour someone like Dave for the skills, the goals, the attitude and the joy he brought us Gills fans. RIP .