Crawley | Vital Football

Crawley

Incredible goal line clearance from Will Wright 2 minutes into the game. Been all Crawley since then.
They look very very good.

Wright with an assist from a free kick too.

Yes watched the first half, Wright MOTM so far, superb assist from his set piece.
Crawley play on the front foot and have several players who can carry the ball forward at pace, not much long ball from them.

Yep, really impressed with Crawley. Wonder if SL would be interested in our vacant position...

Oops, sorry all, I forgot. 😳

Very impressed with Crawley tonight. Looks like the final will be them vs Doncaster,

Just watched this game on TV. Crawley won 3-0, could easily have been 6-0.

Excellent Crawley display, thoroughly worth their win. If Crawley fans are treated to that sort of football week-in week-out they`re getting top value for money.

Wright, who, let`s be honest, was distinctly average at Gills, was very good in defence and superb with his dead ball kicks and long-throws.

As for Crawley`s goalie - I didn`t know cucumbers could be that cool !

If it`s a Donny v Crawley Wembley Final, it should be a cracking game.

Both have one foot firmly over the line. Prefer Doncaster to go up as I think they will be a bigger threat next season plus we need more southern teams in league 2 whilst we are in it. Amazing job by SL though.

Not arsed about Crawley, but I wish nothing but misery for Franchise. And it's my closest away day/IKEA meatballs yadda yadda.
Absolutely, because the fact that the most unpleasant and worst supported team in the top flight , which had no ground and no backing , has been replaced by two decently supported league teams, is a terrible outcome for football fans.

Yes watched the first half, Wright MOTM so far, superb assist from his set piece.
Crawley play on the front foot and have several players who can carry the ball forward at pace, not much long ball from them.
Just a shame that Wright had to behave like a complete dickhead at our place.
Strange too, because he never left here on bad terms with the fans and he had not been getting stick during the game.
Oh well, I guess we all make mistakes.

Absolutely, because the fact that the most unpleasant and worst supported team in the top flight , which had no ground and no backing , has been replaced by two decently supported league teams, is a terrible outcome for football fans.
If it's all the same, I think I'll stick with disliking the Franchise despite that compelling argument.

Exactly.

Reminds me of my grumpy neighbour whose car I stole. He got another one with his savings and now we both have cars.

Still gives me evils every morning when I’m on his drive though.

Exactly.

Reminds me of my grumpy neighbour whose car I stole. He got another one with his savings and now we both have cars.

Still gives me evils every morning when I’m on his drive though.
You guys prefer to hang on to adolescent prejudice. The move to MK was not well done as Winkelman has admitted . Nevertheless, Milton Keynes, which you also dislike, now has a league club which has a far better stadium then we do , is a better side than we are and had higher home attendances then we did.
( and as a matter of interest AFC Wimbledon also finished higher and had better crowds).

MK thrives, by comparison with the obsolescent tip that is now Medway. I hate what has happened to our towns but your evident resentment of others' success is equally sad.

You guys prefer to hang on to adolescent prejudice. The move to MK was not well done as Winkelman has admitted . Nevertheless, Milton Keynes, which you also dislike, now has a league club which has a far better stadium then we do , is a better side than we are and had higher home attendances then we did.
( and as a matter of interest AFC Wimbledon also finished higher and had better crowds).

MK thrives, by comparison with the obsolescent tip that is now Medway. I hate what has happened to our towns but your evident resentment of others' success is equally sad.

Utter gibberish.

Your glossing over that everything’s okay ‘because now there are two teams when before there was one’ is laughable.

Another team could have earned that place in the 92 just as Wimbledon had to but oh well, MK have a nice stadium.

What is this success you speak of? Franchise started life in the Championship and are now League Two despite huge investment. It’s not what I’d regard as success and certainly not anything I’d be jealous of.

Tell me more about my dislike of the city of Milton Keynes. Genuinely intrigued by that.

Pleased AFC Wimbledon are getting good gates.
Less so for MK Dons but regardless I doubt whether them getting higher gates than Gillingham is a good barometer for success.

"Success"

Priestfield - 6119 (323 Away) = 5796 home fans
Stadium MK - 6723 (1380 Gillingham supporters) = 5343 home fans

I would argue that Franchise's higher home attendances are heavily distorted by high away attendances given they have at least 23000 empty seats available for use.

Last edited:
We won’t mention Jack Tucker’s return to MK’s defence!

I didn't see the game but it's quite a shocking scoreline. Fair play to Crawley.

Selfishly I'd like to have seen MK Dons out of our division because of their potential financial muscle next year...

As for Jack... oomf.
1715170707538.png