๐€๐‘๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐‹๐„: Ron & Andrew Fowler Invest In City - HAVE A READ! | Page 2 | Vital Football

๐€๐‘๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐‹๐„: Ron & Andrew Fowler Invest In City - HAVE A READ!

Everyone's feet firmly on the deck - no 'I am' or it's all abotu me - it's all about the club and gradual improvements in all areas - we're in very safe hands

This is exactly why all those forum members who said they would be happy if we just avoided relegation are incredibly far apart from the boardโ€™s aims and ambitions for this club.

Skoobs was an appointment to utilise the investment in our playing squad and get us promoted. Not to just keep us in this division.

Clearly our new investors believe in that too.

Thats dissapointing I had heard that the new investors were Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie. Poacher was being replaced by Barbie as club mascot and the team would be playing in bright pink next season. Plus a documentary was being filmed?

Seriously this is great news and all handled in a proper way.
As always we can sleep soundly knowing our club is in safe hands.

The financial investment is out of this world, but it truly is unbelievable to have such expertise on board - MLB Executive Council! Perhaps we should ask Ron to advise the FA on how to be a football association.

Let's give them a huge welcome on Saturday.

Thank you Harvey & family, and I hope the hecklers feel the prats they are.

Amazing really. Doesnโ€™t seem that long ago Bob D couldnโ€™t give the club away.
Ahh yes, the days when I used to receive emails and phone calls from the commercial department asking for sponsorship of this and that.

I ended up sponsoring all sorts via this website, including food for the players and helping fund an overnight stay.

All during a period when struggling to even keep this website alive, during the days when our fanbase was nowhere near where it is now.

Fundraising has been much easier in recent years thanks to the huge increase in our crowds.

Ahh yes, the days when I used to receive emails and phone calls from the commercial department asking for sponsorship of this and that.

I ended up sponsoring all sorts via this website, including food for the players and helping fund an overnight stay.

All during a period when struggling to even keep this website alive, during the days when our fanbase was nowhere near where it is now.

Fundraising has been much easier in recent years thanks to the huge increase in our crowds.
It does seem incredible that this forum was feeding the players after away games. Very true, of course.

Welcome aboard Ron and Andrew and thank you for your investment in this wonderful club. If you ever want to watch a match in SoCal together DM me and Iโ€™ll share stories of standing in the old terrace lining up for a โ€œbeef teaโ€ as we called it ๐Ÿ‘.

Never ever thought I would see LCFC in this position. To everyone involved - you are appreciated.

Great interview. Most significant parts for me is where Harvey talks about the importance of Clive and Liam to the club and recognising their experience in understanding the league structure and operation and how they can impact it from within. Includes the bit about Ronโ€™s advice to get the club more involved with the league and its decision-making process, apparently resulting in Clive and Liam taking active roles in the football structure. I wonder if they can get on the FA ๐Ÿค”

More Ron Fowler information: former owner of NASL club San Diego Sockers (this one for older fans); chaired the task force to build the new Petco Stadium (interesting); chaired the committee to host the Super Bowl in 2003.

Beats the hell out of Charlie Warner and Heneage Dove.

Liam mentioned about helping with the club projects. Wonder what these could be? Continuing to develop the EPC? I understand there has always been a desire to build on current facilities.

Beats the hell out of Charlie Warner and Heneage Dove.
To be fair Heneage Dove did a decent job in very different times. I also recall Graham Taylor speaking highly of him. But boy, were those "By the order of Heneage Dove" signs frightening.

The less said about Gilbert Blades the better.

Last edited: