Around the Grounds | Page 2 | Vital Football

Around the Grounds

Leicester admit to ripping off their own fans through an illegal price fixing deal with JD Sports:

Presumably they will expect the fans to continue supporting them through season ticket and... replica kit sales.
Sordid, unnecessary (given their income streams) abuse of football fans blind loyalty. And that blind loyalty is why their support base will forgive them ultimately.

Simply saying none of the current directors, management were involved wouldn't cut it for me. I would want a forensic, chronological break down with names and positions of everybody involved, before I would consider purchasing anything from the club again.

Portsmouth's anticipated goal fest against minnows FC Europa did not go to plan today: they won 1-0 with a Colby Bishop penalty, with Anthony Scully going off injured in the first half.

Sounds like Swann is taking legal action against Hilton and trying to get Scunny kicked out of Glanford Park.

Interesting statement from the him floating around on their forum.

He pretty much got away with that in my opinion.
He did, but still got more punishment than Carragher after he spat on a young girl.

The prisons are full and resultingly the judiciary will examine the sentencing guide lines small print to find a way to keep people out of them. I'm a little surprised though that he didn't get some sort of CSO to at least inconvenience him. Hitting him in his wallet is probably a 'result' from his pov.

Sounds like Swann is taking legal action against Hilton and trying to get Scunny kicked out of Glanford Park.

Interesting statement from the him floating around on their forum.
Something is really off with Hilton/White,Wright etc, Swann might be an idiot, but following Hilton from his attempted buyout of Bury to Scunthorpe I can only see Scunthorpe United in huge Jeopardy in the next year or two.

Yeah, something doesn't seem to add up there. He started saying all the right things but then with the attempted training move, the public spat with Swann, buying up of land to try and build them a new stadium (in two years...!) etc even the Scunny fans are very split on him.

Sheffield Wednesday ticket prices for this season...! Can't copy and paste the image but up to £59 for an adult in a Cat A game.

Some interesting comments from Cheltenham chairman David Bloxham regarding Alfie May's transfer to Charlton: there was no interest from the Championship; there were only two clubs competing for his signature (unnamed, but they were Charlton and Gillingham); the transfer fee was much less than they wanted; the transfer fee falls off a cliff when the player turns 30 because there is no resale value; and that Cheltenham have pretty much spent the fee already because they knew May wanted to leave in January and invested the anticipated money in Aidan Keena at that time.

Some interesting comments from Cheltenham chairman David Bloxham regarding Alfie May's transfer to Charlton: there was no interest from the Championship; there were only two clubs competing for his signature (unnamed, but they were Charlton and Gillingham); the transfer fee was much less than they wanted; the transfer fee falls off a cliff when the player turns 30 because there is no resale value; and that Cheltenham have pretty much spent the fee already because they knew May wanted to leave in January and invested the anticipated money in Aidan Keena at that time.

I guess their profit was him helping them stay in league one off the back of what I assume was a low fee to Doncaster?

They have bought a 24 who appears to cut it at league one level!

Seems ok to me!