Ange may have lost the dressing room... | Page 10 | Vital Football

Ange may have lost the dressing room...

It's probably because some of us are selfish. We wanted Kane's talent and 100% application. We got most of the first in the goals column, but that talent warrants way more than 3 PL assists. That was a symptom of the second, with such a low intensity from the player. There is so much compromise involved when a very talented player decides it's his way or the highway.

Anyway, we probably shouldn't reopen the Kane debate. Life is about looking forward. I just wish one of these young lads like Donley, Devine, Scarlett etc ends up being the new Kane. As part of looking forward we also need to figure out how we get a talent like Madds back to his best, and even beyond.
Will Lankshear looks most like a Kane clone, he has just score his second of the game in extra time to put our U21's 4-3 up.

The one, massive mistake I feel Ange has continued to make is to overlook our younger players. Most successful managers who enter a club in dire state and turn it around more often than not make a good foundation for their own success by trusting in some youth.

Now, some may argue that Udogie and Sarr are evidence that he has, but I mean players who came through our academy.

The one, massive mistake I feel Ange has continued to make is to overlook our younger players. Most successful managers who enter a club in dire state and turn it around more often than not make a good foundation for their own success by trusting in some youth.

Now, some may argue that Udogie and Sarr are evidence that he has, but I mean players who came through our academy.
Trouble is we don't really have a like for like replacement for Udogie in the U21's and I can't see Son being dropped in favour of Santiago. He has used Scarlett for a few minutes, I actually think Lankshear would have been better.

Hi SS
Indeed I did mention several players with issues.
However as I said why play Emerson in that position?
Why not go to a back 3 of Romero, Drags, VDV.
With Porro and maybe Johnson as wingback.
Use Son, Bents, Kulu as mid
Wit Richi up front.
We didn't play until
Emerson went off and Richi came on, all of a sudden it was a game, we do have the players to do the damage, in short had we played Richi (tho not totally fit) for 60 odd minutes, hit the odd long ball, funnily enough those wingers and wing backs put crosses in we've a chance.
You can't wait until we're 4 down away at Anfield and expect a, win. The signs, we're the both at Arse and Chelsea.
Unfortunately AP has shown a pig headed stubbornness bearing on stupidity.
What is the sign of insanity???
Playing as we do at home with a full strength fully fit team perhaps against lesser opposition is, well and good, but away against top opponents with our team less than 💯 no chance.
You need to change tactics.
I agree with some of the structure you present but of course a great deal of that is through hindsight. Very few managers make that volume of change in an important PL match above swapping out 1 or 2 players.
So although Emerson has shown reasons why he shouldn’t play at LB, picking him & not making wholesale changes to the team or formation was likely to be the common sense approach at the time.
Let’s see what the next team selection is! I’d be shocked to see Emerson there again

But this is where we should throw someone from the youth team in rather than playing someone out of position like we did with Royal yesterday. Maybe just maybe one or two of the youngsters won't be fazed and will take their chance.
I’d love to see some of our youth given genuine regular minutes but I also think there’s a point where we pick our moments. Let’s not throw them into a team that’s struggling, where the player then feels the collective pressure. Likely leading to mistakes from them & potentially impacting their confidence.