Post Brexit (n/g) | Page 74 | Vital Football

Post Brexit (n/g)

Deeply ironic that those areas most heavily in favour of Leave ( for example Sunderland, Boston, Kings Lynn ) have been among the biggest losers of EU grants and development aid. In the latter two cases they have also seen their influx of non Europen immigrants surge as local farmers and other employers look to replace cheap labour sources.
Can add Cornwall and Wales to that, too.

Conned by Brexit and the arch conman Johnson. Well, they've got what they voted for and they knew what they were doing, I'm told. Perhaps they think 'Reform' is the answer now. Must be the immigrants fault. :rolleyes:

Isn't it interesting (and repetitive) how many times The Left claim people with different opinions must only hold them because someone else manipulated them?

Brexit, immigration.... it's always the same excuse. The Russians/politicians/Facebook/media made them think it.
How on earth is that a response to my post. I did not claim that anyone was manipulated or made to think anything and specifically not about Brexit. I do think this government has used the migrants on boats story and has been happy for it to persist because they think they can embarrass Labour.

Attaching arguments to individuals by association with whole groups is a common failing on all sides.

Every institution advised everybody to vote remain
Our government even spent millions of taxpayer money on leaflets to every house to convince everyone to vote remain.
Everyone expected a vote to remain.
Even the official leave campaign expected a vote to remain.
Even Farridge, who’d campaigned for decades to leave expected a vote to remain.
Maybe, Shotty, but I was surprised at the NFU stance as I thought that they would look to take advantage of a leave vote. Proved how little I knew about the economic nuances involved. At that point, I gave up trying to work out what might happen. I was undecided about which way to vote until Farages poster after Jo Cox was murdered. That sealed my remain vote.

Maybe, Shotty, but I was surprised at the NFU stance as I thought that they would look to take advantage of a leave vote. Proved how little I knew about the economic nuances involved. At that point, I gave up trying to work out what might happen. I was undecided about which way to vote until Farages poster after Jo Cox was murdered. That sealed my remain vote.
The NFU did recommend remain, but strangely most farmers were very pro-Brexit on the assurances that they’d still get cheap labour and the equivalent funding from the UK government as what they were receiving from the EU and access to the same markets.

Guess which parts didn’t happen which led to farmers protesting in Westminster recently…

The NFU did recommend remain, but strangely most farmers were very pro-Brexit on the assurances that they’d still get cheap labour and the equivalent funding from the UK government as what they were receiving from the EU and access to the same markets.

Guess which parts didn’t happen which led to farmers protesting in Westminster recently…
I'd read the pro-brexit bit after the vote. It seemed, and still does seem, a bit strange. My Mum always used to say that "you never see a poor farmer", from her time working in the fields.

I was with a bunch of farmers last night and thought the following was the perfect allegory for Brexit.
The flock of sheep live happily on their fam until one day a truck turns up, the dogs start barking. The sheep get pushed and shoved until they're all loaded on the truck.
when sheep first turn up at the meat works they're all a bit stressed from the journey. Bad for nice succulent meat.
They get moved to a field containing an old ram chomping quietly on the grass. After a day or so everything calms down the sheep are happy but the grass is running a bit low.
A gate opens at the other end of the field. The old ram heads for it the rest follow baaring contentedly. The fences slowly narrow until they are only 1 sheep wide. A gate opens on the side and the old lead ram rambles into the next field, the following flock still barring contentedly enter the meat works and come out as chops.
In this case the farmer and the meat works get the money.
Who got the money out of Brexit?

I was with a bunch of farmers last night and thought the following was the perfect allegory for Brexit.
The flock of sheep live happily on their fam until one day a truck turns up, the dogs start barking. The sheep get pushed and shoved until they're all loaded on the truck.
when sheep first turn up at the meat works they're all a bit stressed from the journey. Bad for nice succulent meat.
They get moved to a field containing an old ram chomping quietly on the grass. After a day or so everything calms down the sheep are happy but the grass is running a bit low.
A gate opens at the other end of the field. The old ram heads for it the rest follow baaring contentedly. The fences slowly narrow until they are only 1 sheep wide. A gate opens on the side and the old lead ram rambles into the next field, the following flock still barring contentedly enter the meat works and come out as chops.
In this case the farmer and the meat works get the money.
Well !
New Zealand have done ok with a trade agreement with the UK that wouldn’t have happened when we were still in the European Union.
You live there so should be happy given that our leaving the union has literally no impact on your life other than positive.
99% of the population have moved on and there isn’t a single political party that is looking to rejoin ( unless you read the Guardian)

Well !
New Zealand have done ok with a trade agreement with the UK that wouldn’t have happened when we were still in the European Union.
You live there so should be happy given that our leaving the union has literally no impact on your life other than positive.
99% of the population have moved on and there isn’t a single political party that is looking to rejoin ( unless you read the Guardian)
True we doubled our European meat and dairy quota as did Australia. So not much of a Brexit gain for British farmers.
But your reply is too trite and superficial.
To cause that much economic pain and destruction. Someone or some organisation must have made a lot of money out of it. It's the Tory way

The farmers around me voted heavily Green against the tories a year ago in my area.It was the farmers and families that got the only green council in Northern Europe.That indicates at very least a weaker Brexit stance.