Player poll who would like to see leave ? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Player poll who would like to see leave ?

Which player or players would you like to see go this summer?

• Morris

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Turner

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Hutton

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • McKenzie

• Masterson

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Ehmer

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Ogie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malone

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Max Clark

• Coleman

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Shaun Williams

Votes: 41 93.2%
  • Dieng

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Lapslie

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Jonny Williams

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Mahoney

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Nadesan

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • Walker

Votes: 41 93.2%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Andrews

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Masterson's short passing coming out of defence has been awful all season. Harrogate was the most obvious example, but on a number of occasions he has given the ball away leading to chances for the opposition. In this area of his game he is a liability. That could be a reason QPR let him go.

Masterson's short passing coming out of defence has been awful all season. Harrogate was the most obvious example, but on a number of occasions he has given the ball away leading to chances for the opposition. In this area of his game he is a liability. That could be a reason QPR let him go.
That’s a consequence of the change in style from Harris to Clemence. Clemence wants one of the defenders to come out with the ball and build play, Harris was happy for them to hoof it into the channels for the whole match.

It really depends on who we are targeting.

Clemence explained that Alexander took a pay off when he was told he would not get much game time after the signing of Hutton, so his departure was directly related to that signing.

For instance, I would let Dieng go but not without at least one replacement box to box midfielder who might be younger and have more energy.

I would keep one out of Lapslie and J Williams but not too bothered which. Defensively, I would be 50/50 about McKenzie as he has never really nailed down his place, but can fill in almost anywhere.

Do we let Hawkins go? Depends on whether we completely scrap any notion of playing a direct game and holding the ball up. If Andrews turns out to have a weakness that makes him injury prone, could we be back to playing another version of Bonne who is not suited to being a lone striker? Alfie May wouldn't have been either IMHO.

On the basis that SC says he is happy with most of the players, I have gone for S Williams, Dieng, Malone and Nadesan with loan players Mahoney and Walker going back to their clubs.

I note that Dom Jefferies is not on the list but he may leave, whether we like it or not, if rumours are true.
Jefferies was a simple error on my part only 20 spaces.

Funnily I think he's ideal for the wingback system - provided it's Hutton and someone attack minded on the left. Coleman works east to west really well and is a safety blanket when they move on.

He's also the sort who can come shorter and facilitate the movement/triangles needed to pass out rather than hoof and that needs to happen wide and centrally.

I don't see Hutton as a true defender. We need someone similar on the left.
Ogilvie

I voted for Ehmer as player of the season.But I also picked him out ad a player to go .I simply feel we need a lot more leadership at the back and in midfield. Perhaps even up front as well.

That's.... quite a take.

View attachment 72577

Eh? Our defence (and Max) may have not been quite as good the last month or so. But for most of the year a lot of fans (inc me) thought that both Ogie and Masterson played better alongside Max. And he allows both to do their thing being very dependable when they track forward.

My PoTY would probably go to Coleman or Ogie, but Max would be up near the top in my voting.

Not really looking at Shaun Williams he did really well for us.But keeping him this season has been an expensive mistake.
Shaun Williams’ season was over as soon as Harris left. He’s only made a couple of sub appearances in 2024, I actually thought he did alright in one game he came on in but he was quickly out of the squad again soon after!

Talking of Max Ehmer, it wasn’t his finest moment last time we faced Barrow:-

Not really looking at Shaun Williams he did really well for us.But keeping him this season has been a expensive mistake.
Not too expensive. Think when he signed. We did not have a container to urinate in so don't think he's on big bucks, like the signings in the following January may be.

I know he signed a new one year contract last summer but at his age it was probably on the same terms. No way would he be one of our highest earners.

He scored an important last winner against Harrogate then struggled with an injury that he tried to play through, which was probably the mistake at his age. Olly Lee, Hawkins, Jefferies and Andrews have suffered similarly but Williams always elicits less sympathy for some reason.

Last edited:
Quicker to pick who i want to keep.
:(
(Andrews, Hotton, Coleman, Ogie)
Think Masterson wants off, given his form of late.
Think Masterson maybe off to Millwall,mates heard lots rumours down Den about him.
Only reason I’ve added him to my list,prefer he stays though