Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3414 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

A move to Chelsea will obviously not end well for him but his bank balance will increase exponentially as a result.

A move to Brighton would make more sense. There's no way this Ipswich team stays up next season, they will get battered. He will probably fancy a 10th-12th place finish with Brighton and this might add more to his career and development than managing one of next seasons whipping boys.

I'd imagine any young manager would jump at a massive paid job like Chelsea, they get more in one year than they'd get in a lifetime in the lower leagues. Feet up for the rest of your life and a few million in the bank, or stay at Ipswich and get relegated, disappear into oblivion anyway.
Potter hasn't bothered with it again yet has he.

Kompany to Bayern, McKenna to Chelsea, football has gone mad.

Funny if we got Bayern in the CL and Kane was lining up with Nathan Redmond and Jay Rodriguez after Kompany signed "some of his own".

I'd imagine any young manager would jump at a massive paid job like Chelsea, they get more in one year than they'd get in a lifetime in the lower leagues. Feet up for the rest of your life and a few million in the bank, or stay at Ipswich and get relegated, disappear into oblivion anyway.
Potter hasn't bothered with it again yet has he.

I've been wondering about him. I would guess he is waiting for the right job rather than taking the first one that comes along like our Deano.

Also his reputation has gone down.
Peters Theory states you eventually get promoted above your level of ability. We know this through our own industries to be true.
It's one thing believing in yourself, another being realistic. Not sure how you separate the two.