Mansfield fans not too impressed with Tom Nichols | Vital Football

Mansfield fans not too impressed with Tom Nichols

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
According to their forum where there's a thread just about him, with 70 or more opinions raging from not being good enough and too lightweight and at best, give him a chance.

Clough is pretty canny, so he must have seen something in him.

We have a lot to thank him for, for the second half of 2022-23. The two teams in the bottom two at Christmas this season, FGR and Sutton, don't look like escaping despite Vince claiming he would provide the resources for FGR to do so. Not always that simple.

Don't think he is League One standard though so I suspect he will be moving on again in the summer.

Decent mid-table League Two forward but never going to stand out in a side at the top end. Wouldn't be surprised to see him rock up at another League Two club within the year.

I thought Nicholls looked our stand out signing last January and appeared to form a decent looking partnership with Hawkins. This season, they only started together once against Accrington Stanley and even then one of them got subbed early second half.

I'd have preferred we have kept him in January now that Hawkins is getting back to fitness and see if that partnership could have been effective in the run in.

Casual observation was that our good start coincided with a Nichols - Nadesan partnership and the later regularly scoring but then results got more stuttery once Bonne signed and the manager either picked a single striker or Bonne plus another. I certainly think Nichols playing with a more mobile person in a 2 man strike force gets the best out of him.

I thought Nicholls looked our stand out signing last January and appeared to form a decent looking partnership with Hawkins. This season, they only started together once against Accrington Stanley and even then one of them got subbed early second half.

I'd have preferred we have kept him in January now that Hawkins is getting back to fitness and see if that partnership could have been effective in the run in.

Casual observation was that our good start coincided with a Nichols - Nadesan partnership and the later regularly scoring but then results got more stuttery once Bonne signed and the manager either picked a single striker or Bonne plus another. I certainly think Nichols playing with a more mobile person in a 2 man strike force gets the best out of him.
I liked him a lot and, like you, thought he had something positive about him. Have to say I was really rather pissed off when I heard he was leaving, especially as the quality of what we had available ourself was pretty meagre following his departure.

Absolutely not convinced that Walker will ever set a game on fire at Priestfield and I would expect to see a message saying he has returned to Burton pretty soon after the Donny game. I will, however, admit that I do like the look of Josh Andrews. He has a bit of Eaves-esque about him and if Hawks remains at the club, they might actually form a decent attack together, if the Barrow game was anything to go by.

It could be an interesting closed season but then again, we all tend to get our hopes up only to see them dashed with what actually comes through the door. Time will tell !

I liked him a lot and, like you, thought he had something positive about him. Have to say I was really rather pissed off when I heard he was leaving, especially as the quality of what we had available ourself was pretty meagre following his departure.

Absolutely not convinced that Walker will ever set a game on fire at Priestfield and I would expect to see a message saying he has returned to Burton pretty soon after the Donny game. I will, however, admit that I do like the look of Josh Andrews. He has a bit of Eaves-esque about him and if Hawks remains at the club, they might actually form a decent attack together, if the Barrow game was anything to go by.

It could be an interesting closed season but then again, we all tend to get our hopes up only to see them dashed with what actually comes through the door. Time will tell !
Walker was a bad signing.

I wonder if anybody actually scouted him? He offered about as much as Nadesan.