Interesting News Around the Football League | Page 29 | Vital Football

Interesting News Around the Football League

Dack is on £18k a week at Sunderland, their highest paid player. Came back into the team around the end of March after 3 months out with a hamstring injury.
Almost certain he’ll be leaving this summer.
Wrexham did cross my mind as a possible destination as they’ll be one of the highest payers in League 1.

Steve Evans offering contracts to Rotherham players on Tuesday on a take it or leave it basis.
He wants immediate decisions.
He said that he can’t afford to wait around for players to make their minds up if they want to sign or not. They’ve had plenty of time for that.
I get the distinct impression that the vast majority will be looking for new clubs and he’ll build from scratch

Steve Evans offering contracts to Rotherham players on Tuesday on a take it or leave it basis.
He said that he can’t afford to wait around for players to make their minds up if they want to sign or not. They’ve had plenty of time for that.
I get the distinct impression that the vast majority will be looking for new clubs and he’ll build from scratch
I'm sure that would be his preference too. Loves a signing, does BFSE.

Big Tom scored twice in Rotherham`s last game. Wonder if he`ll stay.

Doesn't actively affect us, but seeing as we were involved - Donny's keeper Lo-Tutala managed to get the red card he received at Priestfield on the final day over turned, and as such has been free to play in the first leg of their play-off semi at Crewe today.

Possibly as blatant a red card as it gets from my point of view, does anyone have any insider knowledge as to how this has possible been ruled an incorrect decision by the referee?

Doesn't actively affect us, but seeing as we were involved - Donny's keeper Lo-Tutala managed to get the red card he received at Priestfield on the final day over turned, and as such has been free to play in the first leg of their play-off semi at Crewe today.

Possibly as blatant a red card as it gets from my point of view, does anyone have any insider knowledge as to how this has possible been ruled an incorrect decision by the referee?
He was sent off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

On the day i said i thought the red was wrong.

There are four criteria to be considered to make this a red card. All 4 need to be true to make this a red card offence:
  • distance between the offence and the goal
  • general direction of the play
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
  • location and number of defenders
They appealed and the panel agreed so they must have concluded ALL 4 conditions were not met. No written reasons were given.

Crewe 0 - 2 Donny in the 1st leg p/off semi final.

To have dominated and played with such composure indicates that Donny are still a very confident outfit. McCann must be doing something right.