Gills Vital 2023/2024 Prediction League | Vital Football

Gills Vital 2023/2024 Prediction League

patchy70

Vital Squad Member
With competitive football returning for the Gills next weekend, the prediction league competition will also begin for the upcoming 2023/2024 season!

The rules will remain the same as they were for last season, which are listed below, however there is one point that I need to highlight due to the names of the players in the squad:

We obviously now have two Clark(e)s in the squad this year - Max Clark is spelt without the 'e' on his surname, whereas Jayden Clarke does have the 'e'. I will award points based on whatever spelling of the name that you use, unless it is clearly otherwise indicated which player you are intending to predict to score (e.g., by also using the first name)

With the two Williams players, please ensure that the first initial / name of the player that you are predicting to score is clearly identified. If this is not clearly identified, then you will not receive any points in the event of one of the players scoring.

Rules

Competitions Included - League, Fa Cup, Carabao Cup

Scoring System:
Predict the score and goalscorers (for both teams)
5 Points - Correct result and scoreline
2 Points - Correct result but wrong scoreline
1 Point - Each correct goalscorer (regardless of whether you get the result/scoreline correct)

When predicting the scorers, the number of scorers must match up with the total goals scored. So you can't say Gills will score 2 goals, and then predict 3 goalscorers.

If you don't want to predict the goalscorers then that's completely fine, but obviously that will put you at a disadvantage.

As long as the predictions are entered before kick-off for each individual game then they'll all be counted, and you can edit predictions up to kick-off.

Please do play within the spirit of the competition, continually posting 10-10 predictions just to try and obtain goalscorer points will not be accepted!

To join the competition this season, simply add your prediction to the Stockport County match thread, and then I'll add you to the table. If you miss the first game(s), then you are more than welcome to join at any point throughout the season.

If you have any questions, then please put them in the thread below!

Thank you patchy for your hard work.We seemed to do really well since I stopped posting my predictions so I will continue to opt out.I would like to wish everyone well.I of course hope that one of the most optimistic fans wins the prediction league.
You don’t get much more optimistic than 1-0 wins every week pal!